Arbitration Advisor - page 3

ivanivan_11:

Yes, we are talking about the British branch, and they have different rules than the Americans, but it is very indicative that even such monsters are not anxious to give the money to all kinds of smart guys.

Dear Mr. Yun,

Gain Capital has conducted an audit of the trading activity on account 11112780. The result of this audit determined that the trading on 15 October 2014 was conducted on price latency arbitrage. In accordance of section 28.5 of the Customer Agreement you hold with Gain Capital:

As the trading that occurred is a violation of this Agreement, Gain Capital will retain the ill-gained profits in the amount of $19,276.33.

Goodbye, dough.

Here's the proof.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=509987

I wrote in my reply on the previous page that the account can be banned as well.

The main thing is that they do not take money, and the players do not take it personally as they do not take it personally as they would take it in their own pockets if they don't take it in their own pockets ... The only way to make big money is through arbitrage ... If you make as much money as they do elsewhere, they will not give you the same, but you will not make any profit

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
I wrote in my reply on the previous page that the account could be banned as well.
No, it's a response to the words - show me the rules) here. even the paragraph is specified.

ivanivan_11:
No, that's the answer to the words - show me the regulations) Here. There's even a clause.
I can give you five of the recent ones, no surprise... but it wasn't in the regulations.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Have you heard about ECN accounts or are you still living in the early 2000s? Yes, Istaforex has a 5 minute life time, but no one in their right mind trades there.

I've been in the forex market for years and logically I know.

And I have also heard many times about those who have had a bad experience with this kind of arbitrage.

I gave a warning and that's it. I'm not imposing my opinion and experience on anyone.

By the way, why does everyone think of arbitrage as just taking fast quotes and trading them in a slow kitchen? A friend of mine used to do it, but it wasn't worth the trouble. In the best months he was making about $500 and all the time he was looking for these kitchens.

And by arbitrage they mean trading in synthetic instruments, paired deals and the like. Here it is interesting, here you need to think, but you can earn money, I think so. And going through the kitchens is a trifle.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

By the way, why does everyone think of arbitrage as just taking fast quotes and trading them in a slow kitchen? A friend of mine used to do it, but it wasn't worth the trouble. In the best months he was making about $500 and all the time he was looking for these kitchens.

And by arbitrage they mean trading in synthetic instruments, paired deals and the like. Here it is interesting, here you need to think, but you can earn money, I think so. And going through the kitchens is a trifle.

+

And the main thing is that this is not something that is welcomed and naturally allowed, but it is one of the most risk-free types of trading that most hedge funds use

Alexey Volchanskiy:

And by arbitrage they mean trading in synthetic instruments, paired deals and the like. Here it is interesting, here you need to think, but you can earn money, I think so. And it is a petty thing to go through kitchens.

Tell us what to think about and we will think about it ))

Pair trading is a low-return strategy that works and doesn't work :) Synthetic trading obviously doesn't work and it shouldn't... the real problem is that they don't do anything wrong. i don't see "something like that" anymore ) i'm surprised everyone here likes to talk hypothetically and not a single practice :)

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

tell us what to think about and we'll think about it ))

Pair trading is a low-yield strategy that works and doesn't work :) Synthetic trading obviously doesn't work and it shouldn't... the real problem is that they don't do anything wrong. i don't see "something like that" anymore ) i'm surprised everyone here likes to talk hypothetically and not a single practice :)

Who says it's a simple strategy? It took me 15 years to implement.

Renat Akhtyamov:

+

and most importantly it is not something that is welcomed and naturally allowed, but it is one of the riskiest types of trading that most hedge funds use

Yes, the returns may not be the greatest, but with the right portfolio the risks are minimal. I have been thinking about this topic for a long time, I need to write a program over the weekend to make synthetics out of currency pairs.

Renat Akhtyamov:
Who says it's a simple strategy? I wasted 15 years creating it.
Well, I congratulate you heartily that you wasted 15 years of your life on such a thankless task... I don't understand what kind of strategy - if it's pair trading it will never work, because correlations have a right to disappear. i had enough 2 weeks to coding strategy, running it in mt5 tester and realizing it doesn't work... and never coming back to it again
Reason: