Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1056

gromaizeka:

Nope. like GoTo or ToDo . when the condition is met, the program starts code execution at the specified mark

Oh, like in Wasik... No, mql is a C-like language. Here instead of such constructs there are user-defined functions and the condition goes to one or another user-defined function. And after the function is executed, the execution moves to the next line of the main code after the condition.

Or see switch operator in the language help. Maybe that's what you mean?

gromaizeka:

Nope. like GoTo or ToDo . when the condition is met, the program starts code execution at the specified mark

That's BASIC for you, then.

Alexey Viktorov:

Ahh, like in Wasik... No, mql is a C-like language. There are user-defined functions instead of such constructs and the condition jumps to one or another user-defined function. And after the function is executed, execution switches to the next line of the main code after the condition.

Or see the switch operator in the language reference. Is this what you mean?

Thanks, but it's a bit cumbersome.

Artyom Trishkin:

That's BASIC for you, then.

Oof...

All right. We'll keep looking.

Thanks

gromaizeka:
There's nothing cumbersome about it. I didn't know anything besides Wasik before trying to learn mql4 either. It's all good and easy to learn. I mastered mql5 in a couple of weeks, up to a certain level, of course.

gromaizeka:

A huge step was made in the development of all programming paradigms when they got rid of GoTo.

To put it simply - using this operator did not allow to create intelligible-checkable program logic, and its complexity quickly tended to infinity as the number of lines increased.

That was ~30 years ago. just for reference.

Igor Makanu:

only in terminal - service - setup - events

You can't change it there now. I don't know why.

MakarFX:
Can't change there now. Don't know why.

checked, you can - top drop-down list item - Choose other - then select sound from the sound folder in the explorer

MakarFX:
You cannot change it there now. I don't know why.

Just checked, it can be changed. But this change will be for all alerts for the terminal. And if you need to use PlaySound() on each condition, but not in someone else's function, and understand how it works yourself.

Igor Makanu:

checked, you can - top drop-down list item - Choose other - then select sound from the sound folder in the explorer

Thank you, it worked.

But it doesn't solve the issue of event separation

Reason: