Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1940

Aleksandr Kononov #:
At least tell me which way to dig as they say?

It's not a study, it's a practical problem. It's just that in this example the whole point has been taken away, leaving the most important thing. I constantly encounter this problem and am tired of solving it by gut feeling. I want to explain why we are running out of memory and then I have this problem, when indicator call functions are used more than once. If you call them without changing the period, everything is OK. But if I change the period, I start having problems.

Aleksandr Kononov indicator call functions are used more than once. If you call them without changing the period, everything is OK. But if I change the period, I start having problems.

it is one thing to calculate 200 bars of one indicator. It's another thing to calculate one bar for 200 indicators... It's not clear where you can come across the need to load 200 indicators... it's possible that there is a limit to such "experiments" so it ends up in memory...

As for "where to apply", it's a matter of imagination. Lots of places

Well, is there any way to check the memory? How is it consumed or anything else?

Aleksandr Kononov #:
As for Where to apply it is a matter of imagination. Lots of places.

the hanged code can't be applied anywhere... You've got to set the tasks that can be done... And it's easier to screw up code... Indicators have to work fast there is no time for super long calculations.

Aleksandr Kononov #:
Well, is there any way to check the memory? How is it consumed or something?

let's say you can influence the memory and it will calculate 200 indicators, but after a week you will ask why 1000 indicators are not loaded... etc... vicious cycle... Set correct tasks...

Nikolay Ivanov #:

the hanged code can't be applied anywhere... You've got to set the tasks that can be done... And it's easier to screw up code... Indicators have to work fast and there is no time for super long calculations.

I wish I knew the limits within which something can be created. The more so that I am not a programmer at all, I would not know how to handle it. Well, I will search for something to read

Aleksandr Kononov #:

I wish I knew the framework within which I could create something. It's hard for a beginner to understand it, especially since I'm not a programmer at all. OK, I'll see what I can read.

You usually only need one CCI, maximum 3 :) And you have 200... I agree that it is difficult not to overstep the boundaries, it takes experience, to set the correct, feasible task that will be completed successfully in a reasonable time - it's difficult. So if you need advice about where to dig, you should focus on optimization and minimization of ideas... For example CCI with period 20 and CCI with period 21... almost the same thing and there is no sense to calculate both of them. The higher the period the less effect, you need to find a reasonable number. A beautiful solution always works fast.

Nikolay Ivanov #:

Well, one CCI is usually enough, 3 at the most :) and you have 200... I agree with you about the difficulty of staying within the limits... you need experience, it's hard to set the right, achievable task, which will be completed successfully in a reasonable amount of time. So if you need advice about where to dig, you should focus on optimization and minimization of ideas... For example CCI with period 20 and CCI with period 21... almost the same thing and there is no sense to calculate both of them. The higher the period the less effect, you need to find a reasonable number. A beautiful solution always works fast.

I understand the profiler will help to measure the memory consumption. So we will optimize it). All the same, if anyone knows where to read about it, please send me the link...

Reason: