Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1861

Alexey Viktorov #:

What kind of trolling? In my opinion a very valid argument is my question: "If the server receives ONLY normalised prices, where can non-normalised prices come from?"

You don't have the answer. And "someone, somewhere, some time ago saw" is not an argument at all. Re-insure... please, whatever you like. Then reassure yourself about everything. Suggestions are voiced just above.

The key word is "if". Which is probably consonant with "if" for a reason...? Is there?

Mihail Matkovskij #:

Another connoisseur... And where is it written that if the server does not accept non-normalized prices then it does not have them? What nonsense...? Of course it doesn't accept non-normalized prices because OrderSend doesn't give them at all in principle! Does error 129 (ERR_INVALID_PRICE) mean anything to you? And the ticks (Bid and Ask) (quotes), where do they come to the server from? How does it receive and process them?! Don't you know...? And who has cockroaches here? Next: The mechanism of the terminal, the mechanism of the server are you thoroughly familiar with?! I doubt it! That's why:

I explained it to one person. Now the second one has to explain... Read it again carefully. Have you read it? Now stop stating the obvious. There's documentation, read it, it's all there. And it is up to you to decide how you open trades. I am not interested in maintaining this unconstructive dialogue!

P.S. When I say stop trolling, writing nonsense and "hot air," give arguments. All trolls immediately run away. Obviously, arguments aren't their strong suit. :)

But you never answered my question. But you wrote this:

Alexey Viktorov#:

When you go out tomorrow, don't forget sunglasses and an umbrella. It's better to be safe from the blinding sun or a sudden thunderstorm. But you can still wear a hat when you're at home... Suddenly, bullies will break a window and it will be unbearably cold.

If frankly speaking, it looks like a paranoid schizophrenic delirium, which has little in common with reality and has nothing to do with programming from the word "at all"! And that in place of an argument on the subject matter!

Mihail Matkovskij #:

The key word is 'if'. Which is probably consonant with "is" for a reason...? Is there?

I understand that if Russian is not your native language, such comparisons are appropriate.

About the rest I have no desire to discuss anything with you.

Nikolay Ivanov #:
I think everyone expresses his or her opinion, let everyone agree with this opinion. Of course, there is no sense to make excessive checks, but suppose, for example, I had an order was not opened in the mt4 tester because of wrong Bid price which was conditionally 1.1234000001 and the normalization fixed the error. Whether this fact is a sufficient reason to normalize the current price when sending a request for opening - I think so, at least because in the tester owls should also work correctly. Let's not breed hatred, it is detrimental to our community. on other sites when thinking the atmosphere is more friendly and professional.

I wanted to ask you: what makes you think this test is redundant. But then I realised that you have come to the right conclusion from your own experience. Because:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Any questions from newbies on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes

Mihail Matkovskij, 2022.01.14 20:19

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/trading/ordersend

Note

When opening a market order (OP_SELL or OP_BUY), only the latest Bid (for sell) or Ask (for buy) prices may be used as the opening price. If the operation is performed for a financial instrument, different from the current one, then to get the latest quotes for this instrument, one should use theMarketInfo() function with the MODE_BID or MODE_ASK parameter.

You cannot use an estimated or non-normalized price. If the requested opening price was not in the price flow, or the requested price is not normalized according tothe number of decimal places,error 129 (ERR_INVALID_PRICE) will be generated. If the requested opening price is severely out of date, an error 138 (ERR_REQUOTE) will be generated regardless of the value of the slippage parameter. If, on the other hand, the requested price is out of date but is still present in the price flow, the order will be opened at the current price and only if the current price falls within the price+-slippage range.

It would seem. It should be clear to any programmer what to do with prices, entry, SL and TP. But no. It turns out not everyone does. But some have gone even further. They are trying to insult or hurt. But why fall for it? You are right to point out that there is absolutely no need for hating and I fully support you in this! If everyone communicated through arguments there would be no hating. And if an opponent has presented enough arguments to prove his point, you have to have the courage to admit it. It's easy when everyone understands the rules of cultural communication and has a normal upbringing.

Nikolay Ivanov #:
I think everyone has his own opinion and let him keep it. Of course, there is no sense to make excessive checks, but suppose, for example, in the mt4 tester, an order was not opened because of wrong Bid price which was conditionally 1.1234000001 and normalization fixed the error. Whether this fact is a sufficient reason to normalize the current price when sending a request for opening - I think so, at least because in the tester owls should also work correctly. Let's not breed hate, it is detrimental to our community. on other sites when pondering the atmosphere is more friendly and professional.
Maybe wikipedia can help you understand real numbers.

Mihail Matkovskij #:

I wanted to ask you: what makes you think this test is redundant. But then I realised that you have come to the right conclusion from your own experience. Because:

It would seem. It should be clear to any programmer what to do with prices, entry, SL and TP. But no. It turns out not everyone does. But some have gone even further. They are trying to insult or hurt. But why fall for it? You are right to point out that hating is totally unnecessary and I fully support you in this! If everyone communicated through arguments there would be no hating. And if an opponent has presented enough arguments to prove his point, you have to have the courage to admit it. It's easy when everyone understands the rules of cultural communication and has a normal upbringing.

Is this what you're talking about?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing.

Any questions from newbies on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion of algorithms and codes

Mihail Matkovskij, 2022.01.16 10:17

The key word is "if". Which is probably consonant with "if" for a reason. Is there?

But you never answered my question. But you wrote this:

Frankly speaking, it looks like paranoid schizophrenic nonsense that has little to do with reality and has nothing to do with programming from the word "at all"! And that's instead of an argument on the subject matter!

Watch your broom...

Alexey Viktorov #:
Maybe wikipedia will help you understand real numbers.

and I suggest you go on holiday to Thailand. It's +31 there now... Maybe that will help you in some way too :)

Alexey Viktorov #:

Is this what you're talking about?

Watch your broom...

Alexey Viktorov #:

I have no desire to discuss anything else with you.

That's all your arguments?

Look, really, don't litter the thread! You have no desire to talk about the subject...? And I have no desire to discuss your hating and trolling!

P.S. At least someone would tell me how Bid and Ask prices come into the terminal. But no. Only there is someone to litter the thread.

One more question I was wondering about yesterday:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Any questions from newbies on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion of algorithms and codes

Mihail Matkovskij, 2022.01.15 13:57

Recently I've noticed the following feature

int array[];
Print(array.Size());

Dynamically, the array has all characteristics of an object (like in ultra-high level languages). What is a static array then?

P.S. It would be nice if we could set the size

array.Size(size);

or

array.Size(size, reserve);

as well as

array.Reserve(reserve);
But no one has answered it yet.

Mihail Matkovskij #:

There was another question I was wondering about yesterday:

But no one has answered it.

Such questions should be posed to the developers of the terminal... They are the ones who define the concepts and the development path of the language and its elements

Mihail Matkovskij #:

There was another question I was wondering about yesterday:

But no one ever answered it.

Please note, if I don't know anything about it, I won't answer it. But how do Ask and Bid prices come to the terminal is not difficult to guess. The liquidity providers place their requests according to the same rules as traders, i.e. normalized to Digits(). So where can non-normalized values come from? Maybe you are already carried away and do not remember what the argument was about? Let me remind you, no one spoke about the necessity of normalization of calculated price values, it's certainly necessary. But you started claiming that both Ask and Bid prices should be normalized.

Stop littering the thread. Immature minds may believe you. As a result, they will write such slow Expert Advisors that terminals will start skipping ticks in batches.

Reason: