Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1142

ANDREY:

I would be very grateful if you could provide links to your articles on my issue.
Thank you.

Every forum member's profile has everything.

The articles are about building a large library. Everything there is done step by step step. If you give a link to an article that describes how to track events on an account, nothing will be clear. It is easier to read from the beginning.

Artyom Trishkin:

Every forum member's profile has everything.

The articles are about building a large library. Everything there is done step by step. If you give me a link to an article that describes the tracking of events on an account, nothing will be clear. It's easier to read from the beginning.

Thank you. I have already studied Kovalev's textbook.And which articles are the beginning? Please give me a link. Went to my profile.

Which section should I go to in order to access the articles you're talking about?
Thank you.

ANDREY:

Thank you. I have already studied Kovalev's textbook. Which articles are the beginning? Please give me a link. I went to my profile.

What section should I go to in order to access the articles you mention?
Thank you.

Well... (clears throat) if you wrote the articles, that's where you should look. And you should look for Artem's articles in Artem's profile.

As for the Kovalev textbook, it is so outdated that it is time to make it unavailable. There is only one harm in it already. Although it used to be useful.

Alexey Viktorov:

As for the Kovalev textbook, it is so outdated that it is time to make it unavailable. There is only one harm in it already. Although it used to be useful.

There is no replacement, or I have not found one. Unavailable or can it be adapted to today?

Alexey Viktorov:

Well... if you wrote the articles, that's where you should look. And you should look for Artem's articles in Artem's profile.

Now what equivalent replacement for Kovalev's textbook can you recommend? So that everything would be in one place and very detailed.... I've understood that all his articles deal with MQL5. I want to learn and ask questions in MQL4.
I've already started working on it.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

No replacement, or haven't found one. Unavailable or adapted for today maybe?

ANDREY:

Now what equivalent replacement for Kovalev's textbook can you advise? So that everything would be in one place and very detailed.... I've understood that all his articles deal with MQL5. I want to learn and ask questions in MQL4.
I've already started working on it.

No one will ever do anything for MT4 and mql4 anymore for the simple reason that the development of MT4 has stopped.

Alexey Viktorov:

The simple reason is that the development of MT4 and mql4 is stopped.

I understand that, but mql5 is difficult to understand unfortunately. I agree with fxsaber, I think it is easier to use 4 and for optimization and other stuff we should use 5. In general, I'd like to know if there is anyone who has mastered mql5 without OOP practice? Of course, after C++, 4 is not relevant, although I may be wrong.

Alexey Viktorov:

No one will ever do anything for mt4 and mql4 anymore for the simple reason that the development of mt4 has stopped.

It turns out that I am in the wrong place. The mql5 is the only one that advises newbies here. If you have not mastered mql4, then where do beginners get tips on mql5?
I don't think so, thank you.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

I understand that, but mql5 is difficult to understand unfortunately. I agree with fxsaber, I think it's easier to use 4 and for optimization and other stuff we should use 5. Actually, I'm wondering, is there anyone who hasn't mastered mql5 without OOP practice? Of course, 4q is not apt after C++, but I may be wrong.

I am one of them. And I've never studied C# or C++ and never knew what OOP is.

Understand the simple truth, that mql5 differs from mql4 only in OrderSend() function and maybe some more functions that I don't remember. Another important difference is the direction of indexing of indicator buffers. However, it can be solved very quickly, but you'd better get used to the new features. And getting indicator values remains the same. I haven't read Kovalev's book, I don't know what is there, but I doubt that any solution from this book cannot be written using the updated MetaEditor mql4.

ANDREY:

It turns out that I am in the wrong place. So newbies only get tips on mql5. If you have not mastered it completely, it's impossible to understand mql5.
I don't think so, thank you.

You have come to the right place. Here is a tip on how to do mql4 correctly, guided by the new mql4 documentation.

If you have difficulty writing something, ask a specific question, what did you write and what you could not get. Just keep in mind that a mile long code with one incomprehensible line will not be read by many people. I certainly won't.

Reason: