Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 497

Ihor Herasko:

Run Expert and see what it says in the logs: "Experts" tab and "Logbook" tab. There will most likely be an answer to the question there. If you don't understand it yourself, post the contents of the logs here.

You certainly went too far with the settings )).

So it goes like this

Files:
2.jpg  282 kb
3.jpg  268 kb

ivanskyy:

Like this.

So far no errors are visible. Now we have to wait for the conditions to open the order. It's true that you will have to wait for a very long time on the daily chart. Try to do it on the one-minute chart. It will be faster. If the order does not open online, while it will open in the tester in the same place, you need to look through the log once again. Maybe this is the exact moment when an error occurs.

Ihor Herasko:

So far there are no errors to be seen. Now we have to wait for the conditions to open the order. True, on the daily chart you will have to wait a very long time. Try to do it on the one-minute chart. It will be faster. If the order does not open online, while it will open in the tester in the same place, you need to look through the log once again. Perhaps, it is at this point that an error occurs.

On the 1-minute chart in the Strategy Tester, it opens a deal on the day when testing starts, but does it at the place where a daily candle should approximately open at 00:00 o'clock.

But for some reason it opens deals only on the date when testing starts and no deal is opened after that.

Files:
5.jpg  226 kb

ivanskyy:

On the minute chart in the tester, it opens a deal on the day when testing starts, but does it at the place where a daily candle should approximately open at 00:00.

But for some reason it opens deals only on the date when testing starts and no deal is opened after that.

Apparently, it is bound to the daily timeframe. Wait for the new day. Perhaps, the order will be opened then. We should look at the rules of the strategy implemented in the Expert Advisor.

Ihor Herasko:

Apparently, it is pegged to the daytime TF. Wait for the new day to come. Probably, the order will be opened then. Here we have to look at the rules of the strategy implemented in the EA.

No order is opened on a daily timeframe, but if we run it through the tester over the past few days, the deals should have been

ivanskyy:

On the day orders do not open although if you run it through the tester for the last few days then there should be deals

And what time should the order be opened? Is it not at 00:00? I faced with the fact that some brokerage companies block this time to open a position for up to five minutes. Look for errors in the log. Make a print to the log of the Expert Advisor wanting to open an order that would be clear what is wrong - there is no signal to open, or the wrong work with the orders.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

What time is the order supposed to open? Is it not at 00:00? I've seen that some brokerage companies block this time to open a position, up to five minutes. Look for errors in the log. Make a print to the log of the Expert Advisor wanting to open an order that would be clear what is wrong - there is no signal to open, or the wrong work with the orders.

To be honest, I do not really understand it. We should open the order at the beginning of a new candle at 00:00. I have also thought about the blocking of brokerage companies but they do not open on two different platforms. Maybe there is some waiting time in the code, maybe we just need to increase it. But so far I haven't found anything in the code.

ivanskyy:
To be honest I do not know a lot about it. The order should be opened at the beginning of a new candle at 00:00. My idea about blocking brokerage companies was the same as I thought but my order did not open on two different platforms. Maybe there is some waiting time in the code, maybe we just need to increase it. But so far I haven't found anything in the code.

If you have the source code, post it, maybe someone can help with the prints.

To check trade permission - try to open a position yourself with minimum lot exactly at 00:00 as soon as a new candle appears, if all goes well, then you can reduce the probability of blocking (theoretically, blocking can only be for robots - by the way, I heard about the DCs that prohibit trading with robots).

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

If you have the source code, post it, maybe someone can help with the prints.

To check trade permission - try to open a position with minimal lot exactly at 00:00 as soon as a new candle appears, if all goes well, then you can reduce the probability of blocking (theoretically, blocking can only be for robots - by the way, I heard about the DCs that prohibit trading with robots).

I will try to open it manually at 00:00. I will try to open it manually at 00:00. Thank you.

If someone will tell me the code I will be glad to know it.

Files:
Exper.txt  296 kb

ivanskyy:

I'll try to open it by hand at 00:00. Thank you.

If someone will tell me the code, I will be grateful.

I would like to ask you to open a set file (Expert Advisor settings file) and specify the currency pair to be able to reproduce the situation.

I would like to add that judging by the code there should be a separate log file where all information about the EA operation is written and where errors in case of failure of opening the file are also written.

Look for this file in the folder through the terminal's menu "File" - "Open Data Folder" and there will be a path MQL4\Files - you should find the file this Expert Advisor writes there.

Reason: