Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 495

STARIJ: This MT4 tester is bugging me!!! Loss trades 0, total loss 0, but the drawdown is huge!!!

Confirmed. The ticks alone are great. We'll remake it on MT5 - tester is better there. And the netting of trades makes EA development easier.

In MetaTrader 5 terminal we have orders such as Buy Stop Limit and Sell Stop Limit. MetaTrader 4 does not have these types of orders, although the need for them is obvious to many.

STARIJ:

This MT4 tester is bugging me!!! 0 losing trades, 0 total loss, but the drawdown is huge!!!

While the position is open, there is a floating equity profit/loss. This loss is reflected. After all, it creates a drawdown. And at times, it can even drain.
So - everything is right there more or less.

Artyom Trishkin:
While the position is open, there is a floating equity profit/loss. This loss is reflected. After all, it creates a drawdown. And at times, it can even drain to the point of loss.
So - everything there is correct more or less.

A report will be generated at the end of testing - all orders are closed. (This position is in MT5). Loss trades are closed. The total loss is 0. And the drawdown is huge.

STARIJ:

A report is generated at the end of testing - all orders are closed. (position is in MT5). Loss trades are closed. The total loss is 0. And the drawdown is huge - where did it come from.

I already said - floating profit/loss. Closed positions go into the report - on balance.

STARIJ:

A report is generated at the end of testing - all orders are closed. (The position is in MT5). Loss trades are closed. The total loss is 0. And the drawdown is huge - where did it come from.

We received an order and got the drawdown of the deposit. The price went the wrong way the drawdown has increased and was fixed in the report. The order closed in the plus, but the drawdown that was on the balance is already fixed and if it will not be more in the future, you will see this figure in the report.

Taras Slobodyanik:

swap

this statistic for the audusd pair, for example take order #144 buy position, take a take in the money 87.40 that is 90p profit. in the tester in the properties of the symbol is specified swap long positions in pips -1. which in quid is -0.1 USD per point for the given volume of the order. order #144 was in the market 1 day even if the triple swap will be -0.1*3=-0.3usd+0.38(commission)=0.Order #143 closed at Stop which was -32.72usd (30runkts) and was closed after 24 hours, i.e. the swap was again 0.3usd (if triple) +0.38usd (commission) = 0.68usd .It turns out the costs are the same but the difference of Stop to Take 1k2.7, i.e. costs are 30% of the stop for the day?

Вадим Мотеюнас:

This statistic for the pair audusd , for example take order #144 buy position, take a take in the money 87.40 that is 90p profit. in the tester in the properties of the symbol is specified swap long positions in pips -1. that in quid is -0.1 USD per point for the volume of the order. order #144 was in the market 1 day even if triple swap is -0.1 * 3 = 0.3usd + 0.38 (Commission) = 0.The previous order #143 closed at Stop which was -32.72usd (30runkts) and was closed one day later i.e. the swap was again 0.3usd (if triple) +0.38usd (commission) = 0.68usd .It turns out the costs are the same but the difference of Stop to Take 1k2.7, i.e. costs are 30% of the stop for one day?

It may be off topic, but still. Do you take the spread into account when catching a stop, i.e. opening at Ask and closing at Bid?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Maybe off-topic, but still. Do you take the spread into account when catching a stop, i.e. opening at Ask and closing at Bid?

What does that have to do with the spread?

Вадим Мотеюнас:
What does this have to do with the spread?
Stops and takes should be set from the opening price. Many do not set them at the open price. Hence the unequal ratio on the value of the spread.

Вадим Мотеюнас:
What does this have to do with the spread?
Reason: