Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 213

Please advise.

In the tester, the return value of the GetAmountLotFromOpenPos lot summing function gives a value of -1717986918.

Urman Ru:
I tried to rewrite someone else's "olyakish_fractals_01" to fit my idea, mine is based on Williams' Green Bars. I've got a wrong idea. But I've got poor knowledge of MQL4 and it's not showing on the chart. If anyone has any idea, help me out, if it doesn't cost anything).
Freelance. Well, or help mi on)))) Will help of course))) Only, how would it be more polite to say? It won't help you much in terms of growth as a programmer, no offense, but that's not how you start (IMHO, of course), and here's another "freebie" will not give someone, who ploughed, earn an honest $30, and here you have to take offense for your colleagues. Gentlemen, let us appreciate their work and knowledge. And yes, now we'll start, to help, about how people grow, etc. Reply - to smoke docks and ask what is not understood by these docks, here, as they say, with all due respect, but not: I have tried to represent here, write further for me (not in this case - is generally only such and see). OK, I've already written a lot, I'm going to finish my bourbon (it's delicious) and go to bed.

Urman Ru:
I tried to rewrite someone else's "olyakish_fractals_01" under my idea, mine is based on green bars of Williams. I've got a wrong idea. But I've got poor knowledge of MQL4 and it's not showing on the chart. If anyone has any idea, help me, if it doesn't cost you anything).

May I be punished, but Kovalev's textbook on mcl4 for understanding procedural style and with the obligatory consideration of today. for mcl5 I can't remember, first steps... article from 2013.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

May I be punished, but Kovalev's tutorial on mcl4 for understanding procedural style and with the obligatory consideration of today. for mcl5 I can't remember, first steps... article from 2013.

I won't punish it))) But an introduction to bdsm for neophytes, via a dead language tutorial (that mql4 was honourably buried before I even returned to the world of zeros and ones) - appreciated. Score!

Vladimir Simakov:
I won't punish))) But an introduction to bdsm for neophytes, via a textbook on a dead language (that mql4 was honourably buried before my return to the world of zeros and ones) - appreciated. Score!

I have always suggested that it should be used as the basis for µl5. And considering that almost everything from µl5 works in µl4 except for fuller orders and bar numbering direction, it is not quite right to call it dead. And for the analysis of series on the initial level of ideas it is much more convenient and easier. The contrivances and conveniences often obscure the thoughts/ideas/truthful algorithms) not the algorithms that are supposed to be true) Mashka can be whipped around indefinitely)

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

I have always suggested taking it as the basis for µl5. And given that almost everything from μl5 works in μl4

it does

but the above tutorial was written before the union of languages, in fact this tutorial is useless, at most it helps to understand the order system of MT4

Hello, I have an EA that opens a deal on all currencies except gold, can you please help which code I have to add to the EA to open and gold?

So, after 7 years of hard work, I have come to a disappointing QUESTION: Where should I place calculations of signals for entry/exit, boundaries and all sorts, in indicator and read by Expert Advisor from it or inside of it? It seems that indicators are calculated in a different thread, although MT4 cannot use real multithreading... On the other hand, if I insert indicator calculation into EA, it will hide the strategy...
But most of all I am worried about the speed of execution, is it better to divide calculations between an owl and an indicator or to save everything in an owl?

Наджибулло Хабибов:
Hello , I have an EA that opens a trade in all currencies except gold , can you please help what code should I add in the EA to open in gold as well ?
Good question, I have a car and it is rattling, which bolt should I tighten? Do you have any idea how much advice is possible and in the end they are all useless because you need to tighten the nut...
There is only code in the studio and no other way

Aleksandr Martynov:
So, after 7 years of hard work, I came to a disappointing QUESTION: where should I place calculations of signals for entry/exit, boundaries and stuff, in the indicator and read by Expert Advisor from it, or inside the Expert Advisor? It seems that indicators are calculated in a different thread, although MT4 cannot use real multithreading... On the other hand, if I insert indicator calculation into EA, it will hide the strategy...
But what concerns me most is the speed of execution, is it better to split the calculations between the owl and the turkey or to put everything in the owl?

UPS, I think I've found it:

According to the documentation:

If a custom indicator is called using theiCustom() function, that indicator runs in the thread of the program that called it. The library (imported) functions also work in the caller's program thread.

Generally speaking, for MQL4 it doesn't matter where you place calculations, because resources will be allocated for the single thread of the program and indicators used by it.

In this case, it is advisable, if possible, to transfer the code of the indicator to the Expert Advisor and optimize the number of calculated values by the array depth and the number of "buffers", though it doesn't concern the recursive algorithms - it's still easier to calculate them in the indicator, because the program has automatically indexed buffers for the price data only ...

iCustom - Технические индикаторы - Справочник MQL4
iCustom - Технические индикаторы - Справочник MQL4
  • docs.mql4.com
[in] input-параметры пользовательского индикатора, разделенные запятыми. Тип и порядок следования параметров должен соответствовать. Если параметры не указаны, то будут использованы значения по умолчанию.
Reason: