Is it realistic to make money on forex?

Gentlemen.

Those who have been in the business for a long time are probably aware of the myth (or fact) that 99% of forex traders lose their money.

I suddenly wondered. But is it real to earn anything?

I mean direct trading.

What is the point of this topic. The point is. I've been in this field for probably 10 years. I don't deny that I sometimes earn. But not by trading. I make money by programming, as I'm sure many of you probably do.

There are known facts and people who successfully and extensively earn money by means of fraud. This includes selling grails, all sorts of super-duper courses, etc.

It is also known about people engaged in PAMM (i.e., as owners of PAMM-accounts), showing super-profitable trading on short time intervals and actively collecting money from the "suckers". But I consider this way of earning money to be a "fraud".

Maintaining dealerships (kitchens) also borders on fraud. But this is a separate subject. Let's keep silent about advertising and earnings on forex sites thanks to views and downloads ... a separate song and a separate business

So, are there any people who have earned something over a long period of time? Just trading??? Claims "I've earned 100500 million dollars, because I invented the grail" - are equated with schoolboys and ignored...

I'll give you my experience right away: I used to earn by trading for a short period of time. There were even rises up to 50 thousand greenbacks. However, after a while it all went down as well. And if you sum up my total balance for all these years, although it's very difficult - I may be in zeros, or, more likely, in losses...

My opinion - forex is roulette. My opinion - Forex is a roulette wheel. The masters (insiders) earn money and make money thanks to suckers - so-called homebrew traders. Well, and also earn (honestly earn) people who are engaged in the development of software for this roulette ...

Five years in forex. The overall result is a small but negative one. The answer to the question "Is it really possible to earn anything here?

Yes, if:

1. You have insider information.

2. If you have found a certain regularity that "accidentally" worked during your whole experience as a trader on Forex Market.

Now I'm at the phase of searching for such a pattern, because I am far away from the localities where the heads of major central banks live and work, and they do not want to get acquainted with me and leak information about forthcoming decisions. If I find a pattern, it is good - I will earn some money. But if I do not find it, too, is not too bad, an occupation in itself all the same fascinating :)

lexandros:

Gentlemen.

Those who have been in the business for a long time are probably aware of the myth (or fact) that 99% of forex traders lose their money.

I suddenly wondered. Is it really possible to earn anything here?

Do you know how to weld?

Um... Is this humour??? If so, I don't know where to laugh and what welding has to do with it.

I do. I welded a gate out of rebar myself. I even have a welding machine... Is there any way this is gonna help me raise a few bucks on the forex market???? :)

lexandros:

Um... Is this humour??? If so, I don't know where to laugh and what welding has to do with it.

I do. I welded a gate out of rebar myself. I even have a welding machine... Is there any way this is gonna help me raise a few bucks on the forex market???? :)

Probably thinks it's a more reliable way to make money.)

To question the possibility of making money from forex is like denying the existence of the kingdom of God and the afterlife to believers. This is the underlying incentive.

My personal research is not very deep, about 10% of market participants earn money. Do you agree that this is not a little? These 10% are able to earn on Forex market without any Inside knowledge, with minimal informational support, purely on their own trading experience and personal qualities. Another 30-40% are not able to earn at all. They are prepared to lose money on any market. It is impossible to teach them. They are learning the wrong things, they understand everything wrongly. Their research is close to the alchemists' method of obtaining gold from lead in donkey urine. It is important to select the concentration. The method itself is not in question.

Well, %40 trade profitable from time to time, and drain slowly. They form a fort 10% with constant diffusion between layers.

Is it worth earning and living on forex? If it is just a simple income, but not the rapid enrichment to the millions from 100 quid? Work is also social interaction with normal people. They had a fight or a fight to settle a score.

Maybe we should first decide whether we can make $1,000,000 from 100 quid. You could change your life for the sake of it.

But there are people who live off forex trading. Even trading through the kitchen. (I do not belong to them).

The last post is plus.

Makes me want to comment...

Make a million quid from 100 quid -- hmm... You have to admit, it's pretty much the same thought that almost every one of us came crawling in here (or hopped in) at one time or another. As time goes by, you realise it's not going to work out that way. I've got 100 million of my own money to put towards it and earn another million to add to it, which no one has left to me.... I'M SORRY...

It's possible that people with their own 100 million dollars earn here.... Although why would they want to make money, they are doing quite well... If only for moral satisfaction.

Have a couple of percent a year - IMHO quite possible. Although I'd probably rather invest in a reliable bank. The return is probably even greater, but the risks are much less....

lexandros:

Can you use your welding skills to raise a couple thousand bucks?

No. Every broker is a kitchen sink. No one will give you a guarantee for the money you have invested. At any time you can be told that your money is no longer yours. Even if you made 12 trillion from 15 cents.
Investing money in forex is akin to investing in start-ups without a commitment.
Until brokers start taking some obligations - I won't see any difference between Forex and MMM.
But as a hobby this thing is very interesting. And in small volumes can even bring money for beer.
Z.U. But never in large volumes.

Pecmop:
No. Every broker is a kitchen sink. No one will give you a guarantee for the money you invest. At any time you can be told your money is no longer yours. Even if you made 12 trillion from 15 cents.
Investing money in forex is akin to investing in start-ups without a commitment.
Until brokers start taking some obligations - I won't see any difference between Forex and MMM.
But as a hobby this thing is very interesting. And in small volumes can even bring money for beer.
Z.U. But in big volumes, never.

A normal broker has a client's money insured to the tune of $500,000. And you would know that if you weren't so adamant about it, but just asked how and what works in this industry in the first place.

---

ZS: to the topicstarter - of course you can make money, because your 50 grand somebody did earn, and it was obviously not a programmer who writes on mql4/5 EAs on demand.

paukas:
Can you use your welding skills to raise a couple of three grand?
If you have a safe in mind with 2 or 3 grand, your gas cutting skills will come in handy.
Reason: