Lance Begs' postulates - page 8

St.Vitaliy:

I was torn by this phrase, although I read to the end.

I ask again, which phrase, among those quoted?

St.Vitaliy:

If you want to become a scientist, you need to understand the nature of the phenomenon. If you want to make money, you need to exploit a pattern. Example, to boil a kettle on gas, you do not need to understand the nature of the piezo lighter, bring it to the gas, press the button, done.

Give me an example of a pattern you're talking about here. Something tells me it's a kind of "crossing of the wagons".

Following your analogies, you can say that it is not necessary to know how a lighter works, although I know how it works. But that's not the main thing. In the kettle example, other things are important. It's important to know how to turn on the gas. You don't just "put it on" but check if you can smell gas (people do it automatically). Otherwise - and this is a really ironclad pattern - there might be an explosion. Then you turn the gas on, then you put the lighter on and so on. It's also a pattern to flick the lighter not in the toilet, for example, but in the kitchen near the gas, otherwise it's a pattern... etc. These are real patterns.

St.Vitaliy:

That's how it is in trading, you need to understand a simple thing. Any profit is made on price fluctuations. The maximum delta between extrema, i.e. mac efficiency is catching the movement between them.

People who are scalpers, or highbrow hft - will laugh at you. Yes, they profit from fluctuations, but the extremums have nothing to do with it.

St.Vitaliy:

To avoid getting trapped in swaps and commissions, you need to put a filter on the minimum movement from which you start trading (for me it is 20 spreads, if the target is smaller, the signal is ignored).

My volume should not exceed 1% of average bar to avoid slippage. In forex it is not very relevant, but on the exchanges, for example on the UkrExchange now working TF should not be below 1H, well, not the smallest lot to trade.

So, the statistic advantage is created when determining the extremum and correction for liquidity and commissions is provided. All the algo systems that win contests are based on these principles.

But traders are spending ... billions on thinking about whether it is scary, cold or wet. billions.

Thank you for sharing these insights into how things really work. I'm sure there will be some who will find it interesting and useful.

Sorry to disappoint, but 1% of volume and onwards is far from an ideal solution. In my opinion it is not a solution at all. As an example I can cite cases when some scalpers (scalpers! people who care about slippage like nobody else) go to 5-10% of daily liquidity. Or a great example on pinshits, there you can sometimes enter with daily volume. Or the opposite example, the penny stock has a daily volume of 10 million, and you're afraid to go there with a lousy hundred, because they'll tear you to pieces. ;)

There are a lot of things.

St.Vitaliy:

Z.U. Again, he has a conflict of opinion. At the beginning he says that the price is not the main thing and that one should follow the emotions, and then he says that in order to recognize emotions one should look at the price chart.

Nonsense. It is clear from the start that you do not understand anything.

St.Vitaliy:

S.S. Simple patterns do not work? Come on, buy on the third day of growth works, how much easier.

:) Can you explain the robustness of it?

St.Vitaliy:

Yes, and the postulate of a foundation that does not work is highly questionable without correction for the horizon. On TF for a year, you can see the exact market reaction to all quarterly reports of the company. But on the one-minute, the direction of the subsequent tick is random.

To understand why the foundation doesn't work, you should understand what works instead of the foundation.

Stitaliy: St Vitaliy: St Vitaliy: St Vitaliy, like many other companies, is not very interesting to listen to the quarterly reports of a man who got to know America through mt4, talked about deposits in 1000 times, alluded to his friendship with almost the dummy, and then - web money, Ukrainian exchange and so on. I'll run out and get some popcorn to make it even more fun.

HideYourRichess:

And I will listen with interest to quarterly reports from a man who, as it were, got to know America through mt4, talked about deposits of 1000 times, alluded to friendship with a doll, and then - webmoney, the Ukrainian exchange and so on. I'll run out and get some popcorn to make it even more fun.

))) + 10

A100:

Sometimes even pros pipsqueak, although they don't advertise it.)

Well, one has a deceitful perception of the world, pipsing is bad. Scalping on exchanges probably exists since the beginning of the exchanges. The newfangled hft is mechanized scalping. Arbitrage is scalping in modern terms.

HideYourRichess:
Well, the man has a deceitful perception of the world, pipsing is bad. Scalping in the stock market has probably been around since the beginning of the exchanges. The newfangled hft is mechanized scalping. Arbitrage, in modern terms, is also scalping.

I see you read other people's posts even more superficially than I do.

Find out from your favourite kooks what the average deposit size is, it turns out that 1000 dollars is already a good client, and that's all schoolboys with 100 quid. They do not have any problem with it.

If you work at the exchange, through a real broker, with depository, clearing. 50 lots of forex lots in the market, you will see that with this kind of pipsing the account will evaporate before lunch. As for the interest, I would have liked to have seen it if I had seen it at that time.

As for the percentages, I would have liked to see you go in with 10 leverage and get a gap of 2-3 percent on the opening. You'll get zeroed out, I forgot, 100 quid isn't cheap.

And the phrase, this one.

HideYourRichess:

We need to start over, what is price and why does it move?What makes price move?

I understand why so many people here are furious, they are great mathematicians, programmers, some even have a handyman's job. But they do not make money from the market, and so much effort has been invested, so many castles in the air. It's very hard to admit that you're a failure, that there are people who are more successful than you.

I don't care about comments to my posts, that my approach is wrong, I see the result in my life. Every year I earn more, next year I will open my own IC. If MK will be able to finish MT so that it would be possible to trade legally, fine. No, well, God be their judge (so to hell with them), there are other platforms.

Do not worry, you will be healthier. It's easy to make money on the market, very easy...

St.Vitaliy:

2) It is better to have 2% of a million than 100% of $1000?

2% (or even 8%) gives a regular deposit in a bank, or am I missing something?

St.Vitaliy:

I see you read other people's posts even more superficially than I do.

No, no, not at all, I've been reading your posts with particular enjoyment for some time now. Keep writing, don't stop.

St.V italiy:Take it from your favourite kukhnyuk, what is the average size of the deposit, it turns out $ 1000 is a good client, but everyone is a schoolboy with 100 quid. They don't know what to do with them.

If you work on the exchange, through a real broker, with a depository, clearing. you can put 50 forex lots on the market, you'll see that the account will evaporate before lunch time with such pips. If you do, you will see that such a pipsqueak account will evaporate in the afternoon.

About percentages, I'd like to see you go in with 10 leverage and get a 2-3 percent gap on the opening. You'll get zeroed, yes, I forgot, 100 quid is not cheap.

A real broker, on the stock exchange, forex lots? I am embarrassed to ask where such a miracle is possible?

At the same time explain, here are people scalping, positions sometimes (rarely) several millions at them (in fact, scalpers have the largest positions that I have seen), so why their deposits do not evaporate (as you claim), and for many years, and even the opposite, only grow?

St.Vitaliy:And the phrase, this one.

They are excellent mathematicians, programmers, some even have them for handymen. But they are not able to make money from the market, they have invested so much effort, built so many castles in the air. It's very hard to admit that you're a failure, that there are people who are more successful than you.

I don't care about comments to my posts, that my approach is wrong, I see the result in my life. Every year I earn more, next year I will open my own IC. If MK will be able to finish MT so that it would be possible to trade legally, fine. No, well, God be their judge (so to hell with them), there are other platforms.

Do not worry, you will be healthier. To make money in the market is simple, very simple...

A master at making diagnoses on the Internet. :) Yeah, yeah, your kung fu is stronger.

Plans are certainly excellent, so good luck!

bas:
2% (or even 8%) yields a regular bank deposit, or am I missing something?
2% of the amount being managed. You can't become a millionaire by growing tomatoes on your six acres. Better to become a manager of a multi-million dollar fund and live off the remuneration than to blow 100 quid into space.

St.Vitaliy:
2% of the amount managed. You can't become a millionaire by growing tomatoes on your six acres. It is better to become the manager of a multi-million dollar fund and live off the remuneration than to blow 100 quid into space.
Better to be healthy and rich. And anyway, you seem to be in favour of all that is good and against all that is bad.

HideYourRichess:

At the same time, explain, here people are scalping, their positions are sometimes (rarely) several millions (in fact, scalpers have the largest positions that I have seen), why their deposits do not evaporate (as you claim), and for many years, and even the opposite, they only grow?

Where does the desire to measure up come from? One of my friends had a position in shares with USD 18 M. And it was without leverage. He kept it for more than a year and after taxes he got 30 m. One transaction and a bonus of half a million.

Scalpers are very cool, but alas there are none among any capital financiers rankings. Some people like the process, for me the result is enough.

HideYourRichess:
It is better to be healthy and rich. And in general, you seem to be for all that is good and against all that is bad.
Who likes the opposite, I'm tired of stopping.
Reason: