Updated MQL4 and old code (sharing problem-solving experiences) - page 6

evillive:

Ctrl+Z rules ))))

You can also customise the panel and add what you're looking for there.

Ctrl+Z makes sense. But I don't know how to pull out to the panel to undo and redo .

khorosh:
Ctrl+Z I understand. But I don't know how to pull up to the panel to undo and redo .

Press PCM on the toolbar and adjust, stop messing around ))))

evillive:
click on the toolbar and adjust, stop messing about ))))

what if both buttons are left?

zoritch:

What if both buttons are wrong?
Throw out the IMAC and buy a normal PC, hehehe...

Hi all.

I've got a 509 build. been haggling for a while.

but suddenly I wanted to buy an indulgence.

- I followed the links and got the turntable attached to the wrong terminal and I can't move it to my old platform (the money has already gone to the seller)

-- the seller wrote --

demo.metaquotes.net:444

this is where you need to plug in

You need to open a demo account on this server in your terminal

file-open account

then when terminal will be updated

log back in

- i just put a new terminal - (but the old indices with my TS ... WILL NOT BE DISPLACED! in the new terminal) - what to do?

- I've tried all the methods but no update.

- I remember a little window popped up - UPDATE ... but I've not seen it in a long time. (or maybe I'm just stupid)

- How can I transfer my good old TS (old and new indicators) to the new platform?

Please do not judge severely Moderators because I do not know exactly where to write ... my head is already cramped ... Thanks a lot ...

Many thanks in advance!

zidok:

Hi all.

I've got a 509 build. been haggling for a while.

but suddenly I wanted to buy an indulgence.

- I followed the links and got the turntable attached to the wrong terminal and I can't move it to my old platform (the money has already gone to the seller)

-- the seller wrote --

demo.metaquotes.net:444

this is where you need to plug in

You need to open a demo account on this server in your terminal

file-open account

then when terminal will be updated

log back in

- i just put a new terminal - (but the old indices with my TS ... WILL NOT BE DISPLACED! in the new terminal) - what to do?

- I've tried all the methods but no update.

- I remember a little window popped up - UPDATE ... but I've not seen it in a long time. (or maybe I'm just stupid)

- How can I transfer my good old TS (old and new indicators) to the new platform?

Please do not judge severely Moderators because I do not know exactly where to write ... my head is already cramped ... Thanks a lot ...

Many thanks in advance!

Hands and feet would rip off the salesman who told you directly from the work terminal to connect to the update. Especially if it was BEFORE the release. Actually, he should have advised you to download their terminal from MQ, put it in a separate folder, and have done all the manipulations.

Now proceed as follows: From the terminal menu, select File --> Open data directory. This will open an explorer. There is an MQL4 folder - the folders you need are located there, and you can put your stuff in them.

It all worked out!

Thank you so much for all your help!

The code from this article has also stopped working. https://forum.mql4.com/ru/3481

Specifically, it won't write or read files from the C drive.

Who knows how to write and read files outside MT4 folder now?

serler2:

The code from this article has also stopped working. https://forum.mql4.com/ru/3481

Who knows how to write and read files outside MT4 folder now?

It is easier not to suffer nonsense and write files in the area accessible by MT4. That option worked with XP and 7, but today's builds are in the interests of Youn 8, you can't play around there...

serler2:

Who knows how to write and read files outside of MT4 folder now?

Maybe this as an option will help?

All operations with files in sandbox, then transfer them where it is necessary.

Or another option, create a symlink to the directory. The library has everything for this.

Reason: