I am plagued by questions of the universe - page 30

solar:
Which part of the world do you want to save? If it's Denmark, Norway, Sweden, etc., I don't think they will be very enthusiastic about it. If it's the CIS countries, I think they would rather go to hell (it's better to get drunk somewhere ...). What about the DPRK? In principle, if you write in the postulates of Juche, I think they will fly the hell out.

People are not even out of their animal state! They do not know how to use their minds!

Marina_:

People believe in fairy tales
+200

Marina_:

People haven't come out of their animal state yet! They don't know how to use their minds!

Marinochka, humans will never come out of their animal state, because animals are animals. The belief in the exclusivity of the human species is just a fairy tale that the human crowd wants to believe. With equal fervour the crowd is inclined to believe in superiority of its herd over the neighbour. As well as in superiority of oneself over one's neighbour. They are simply different manifestations of the same mechanism.

I'll ask a couple of other intriguing questions.

1. According to Darwin and all modern scientific beliefs, man evolved from apes, etc. It seems that any animal (not just apes) can evolve and become intelligent. However, of 5500 species of mammals (including various apes) on Earth only we are the only ones who possess intelligence. Why?

2. Can the consciousness exist without matter? This is the question as to whether consciousness existed before matter.

gpwr:

To ask a couple of other intriguing questions.

these are not intriguing questions

It's an idiotic hullabaloo.

sergeev:

these are not intriguing questions

but an idiotic hullabaloo

It's a state where everyone has their nose on their own plate. It's a state in which everyone has their nose on the grill and is insulting an abstract group of people.

gpwr:

1. According to Darwin and all modern scientific beliefs, man evolved from apes, etc. It seems that any animal (not just apes) can evolve and become intelligent. But of 5500 species of mammals (including various apes) on Earth only we are the only ones who possess intelligence. Why?

Before you ask "why?" you should prove that "we are the only ones with a mind". I have plenty of evidence to the contrary. There are differences, quantitative and qualitative (different ways of thinking/processing information), but the fact that all living matter is intelligent is undeniable to me. While there is no rigid objective boundary between living/non-living matter.

2. Can the consciousness exist without matter? This is the question as to whether consciousness existed before matter.

This is unlikely. The matter/consciousness distinction is an artificial mental construct (a set of beliefs), not an objective state of affairs.

MetaDriver:
Before you can ask "why?", you have to prove that "we are the only ones with intelligence". I have plenty of evidence to the contrary. There are differences, quantitative and qualitative (different ways of thinking/processing information), but the fact that all living matter is intelligent is undeniable to me. While there is no rigid objective boundary between living/non-living matter.

This is unlikely. The matter/consciousness distinction is an artificial mental construct (a set of beliefs), not an objective state of affairs.

..... the fact that all living matter is intelligent isundeniable to me.

gpwr:

1. According to Darwin and all modern scientific beliefs, man evolved from apes, etc. It seems that any animal (not just apes) can evolve and become intelligent. But of 5500 species of mammals (including various apes) on Earth only we are the only ones who possess intelligence. Why?

2. Can the consciousness exist without matter? It is related to the question whether the consciousness existed before the matter.

1. I haven't read it myself, but it is said that Darwin did not claim that. He only pointed out that we are next to apes. Everything has a mind. Not everything possesses self-awareness.

2. Perhaps it can. I'll know after the body has fallen into disrepair. Only, how do I tell?

gpwr:

2. Can consciousness exist without matter? This is to the question of whether consciousness existed before matter.

Reason: