I am plagued by questions of the universe - page 26

peco:

Mathematics is a tool! Which one must know how to apply. Which is what modern physicists do.

And you snatch up chunks with the words "the facts contradict" and then the text of the article: "no physical sense.... no physical sense.... no physical sense....".

Conclusion: "And theories flowed like from a horn of plenty, one stranger than the other."

The scientist thinks: how and why?

The thinking person thinks: yes or no?

The believer: do I believe or don't believe (want or don't want)?

But to be honest, religion is the other side of the coin. Even the Pope of Rome recently affirmed that true faith accepts all modern scientific data and will even contribute to its comprehension. And takes on the other side: belief in laws not yet discovered. Fanatics only believe, they have no reason to think - they deny everything. They only believe in what their own God thinks.

The first 3 lines make sense to me. You just rushed through them, didn't read my post(charter 25.12.2013 17:40 #).

Next, you write things that are completely obvious to everyone. It's like writing that "the wind blows", "it rains" or "the sun shines". )))

a very informative thread

charter:

The first 3 lines are clear to me. You just rushed to write them, didn't read my post(charter 25.12.2013 17:40 #).

You then write things that are completely obvious to everyone. It's like writing that "the wind blows", "it rains" or "the sun shines". )))

You really have made a subtle catch. Because the second part certainly didn't concern you! This once again confirms that you are not a fanatic)))

And on the point I would like to add that a rational mind can hardly divide it into mathematical and physical. All you wrote was that "mathematics doesn't give a shit about physical sense". But mathematics, just like physics does not!

peco:

You really have a subtle catch. Because the second part certainly didn't concern you! This once again confirms that you are not a fanatic)))

And as for meaning, I would like to add that the rational mind hardly separates it into mathematical and physical meaning. All you wrote was that "mathematics doesn't give a shit about physical sense". But mathematics, just like physics does not!

Whatever the rational thinking of a mathematician, he will still lack the special knowledge of a physicist, chemist, zoologist, etc.

It would be difficult for a mathematician to judge the possibility of Rutilus c Sagittaria interbreeding.

FAGOTT:

Massless (conventionally massless) particles exist, but they can only move at the speed of light - so they have coordinates of motion (albeit approximate or probabilistic) in space

Not necessarily. The simplest wave function, exp(i*omega*t), describes a plane wave, an object that has no definite position in either space or time. See Feynman Lectures.

I am not claiming it is a spirit wave function, but it is in quantum mechanics that such strange objects exist.

2 moskitman: Andrew, you should drop this "new physics" here. It is bullshit and unconstructive.

Yes, Warrant Officer!

:)

Mathemat 26.12.2013 10:42 #
FAGOTT:

Massless (conventionally massless) particles exist, but they can only move at the speed of light - so they have coordinates of motion (albeit approximate or probabilistic) in space

Not necessarily. The simplest wave function - exp(i*omega*t) - describes a plane wave, an object that has no definite position in either space or time. See Feynman Lectures.

I am not claiming that it is a spirit wave function, but it is in quantum mechanics that such strange objects exist.

2 moskitman: Andrey, you should drop this "new physics" here. It's bullshit and unconstructive.

I intervene to add.

Quantum mechanics has already shown the possibility of instant quantum teleportation (spin) to any, up to infinity, space. Note - instantaneous, not moving at the speed of light.

charter:

Mathemat 26.12.2013 10:42 #
FAGOTT:

Not necessarily. The simplest wave function, exp(i*omega*t), describes a plane wave, an object that has no definite position in either space or time. See Feynman Lectures.

I am not claiming that it is a spirit wave function, but it is in quantum mechanics that such strange objects exist.

2 moskitman: Andrew, you should drop this "new physics" here. It's bullshit and unconstructive.

I intervene to add.

Quantum mechanics has already shown the possibility of instant quantum teleportation (spin) to any, up to infinity, space. Note - instantaneous, not moving at the speed of light.

Since when did finding a twin object in a different location become known as teleportation? Incidentally, the use of twins has been/is often seen in demonstrations of various tricks/stunts, and quite successfully.

The term was introduced immediately after the discovery of this effect.

If one twin, standing in the circus arena, raises his hand and the other, infinitely distant, lowers it at the same instant, the trick deserves special scrutiny.

Another example: amazing experience of Basov, in which with full evidence was found instantaneous transfer of laser pulse for several meters - from oscillator to amplifier. This result has been repeated many times in other laboratories - and it is obtained not only with amplifying non-linear cells, but also with absorbing ones. The main thing is that spectral lines at the oscillator and at the non-linear cell must coincide. Current physics has never explained this fact of instantaneous laser pulse transfer - which directly follows from our conceptions of light. By the way, they also directly explain why battle lasers that cut armor and shoot down cruise missiles near the surface refuse to work in outer space - all they can do there is disable photocells. These facts are not advertised, otherwise it will become obvious to the public: current physics has no idea what light is.

P.S. Sorry, Alexei, I won't say any more. (probably).

>
Reason: