MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 148

Renat:

And before uploading files to the storage, have you pre-synchronized (even with an empty one) the storage through "Eject"?

Without pre-synchronisation the repository will not work. And the MQL4 root folder and Projects folder must be synchronized separately.

1) files were added earlier, in build around 535 (November 11 story says)

2) I never pressed "Extract", because I added the files by choice (the folder with indicators and separate files from the library and the package)

3) I added everything via PCM ==> MQL5 Storage ==> add, then PCM ==> "Fix"

4) I saved all changes via PKM ==> "Fix" (everything worked perfectly - the last modification of history was on December 21)

5) As for "Extract" - it caused something strange, now it has an error when used on an empty (not filled in MQL5 Storage) folder,

And "Eject" is always inactive on a folder filled in MQL5 Storage.

After I applied "Extract" to the main folder (MQL4) - it started re-saving via PC ==> "Fix"

But the problem with deleting from MQL5 Storage remains - it deletes from PC, not from MQL5 Storage and does it without any warning or question.

Regardless of the fact that the files were previously added to something else, you should always synchronise at the root on the new copy (extract). Deletions of course work locally. But already local changes (including deletions) can be uploaded to the repository. This is how all repositories work.

Thanks for the tip on syncing via " Extract", didn't know (didn't need to) - will use it now.

Такой принцип работы всех хранилищ.

Sorry - why do I have to delete files from my PC (without my knowledge)? (go to PKM ==> MQL5 Storage ==> delete )

If I had to delete something from PC, I would choose PCM ==> delete.

And then when PCM ==> delete, a warning pops up about moving files to trash and I need to confirm the action.

Where is the warning??? Where are the files from my pc??? Why is the recycle bin empty??? Why are these same files in MQL5 Storage ???

I was lucky - I didn't lose anything important, but someone can lose a lot of things....

Deleting

If you wish to delete a file or folder, select " Delete". The folder/file will be deleted from the local copy of the data. To perform deletion from the repository, send these changes with the " Commit" command.

-Deletinga file or folder using the standard command Delete in the Navigator window does not affect the MQL5 Storage. With the next update from the storage, the deleted data will be restored.

-It is impossible todelete the root directory linked to the storage.

Revert changes

If you want to undo changes made to the current local copy of data, run "Undo changes" on the desired folder/file. The file/folder will be returned to a state that was saved locally during the previous synchronization with the repository.

Undoing changes restores the original local revision, not the current revision in the repository.

You have done a foolproof protection not to overlay two indicators with the same properties,

and as for protecting user property - oh yeah, who needs it............

I have errors when I try to download products from the Market

MQL4 Market - failed to load products (get header failed [12150])

MQL4 Market - failed to read list of products (get header failed [12150])

Discuss the problem here https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/16017/page4

On the VPS server, when I try to create a shortcut with the portable flag, I get an error,

By default the terminal sees the folders at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\MetaQuotes\Terminal\8EDAF9CCC5002B273593499D9C77F8DB

and there is no way to change the visibility directory... What to do ???

VOLDEMAR:

On the VPS server, when trying to create a shortcut with the portable flag, an error is displayed,

By default the terminal sees the folders at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\MetaQuotes\Terminal\8EDAF9CCC5002B273593499D9C77F8DB

Put the programme path in quotation marks, /portable - with a space after the quotation marks.

VOLDEMAR:

On the VPS server, when trying to create a shortcut with the portable flag, an error is displayed,

Vladimir, do the same but not on the system drive and share your results.

Have a look at the first page of this topic, please. The public testing of the beta version in this thread alone has already passed 150 pages.

The links in the first post show the history of an earlier discussion, where there is also a lot of detail:

Everything has been available for public testing for a long time. Just update as indicated in the comments.

Reason: