MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 91

I start the terminal, press F4, the log says no editor was found, but the editor starts up:

Wonderland ...

artmedia70:

Start terminal, press F4, log says editor not found, but editor starts:

Wonders ...

My F4 toggles between the terminal and the editor.

Amused by the open tab in your ME with the library "for forum shit writing.mqh" LOL :)

Lion.Fx:

I use F4 to switch between the terminal and the editor.

I was amused by the open tab in your ME with the "for forum shit writing.mqh" library LOL :)

1. When both are running, they switch, but when only the terminal is running and then I want to run the editor from it, this pops up.

1. oops... lit up again... Well... sometimes write something to help newbies. Didn't know where to write or what to call it... Don't mind me...

Hello colleagues.

Decided to download a new terminal to "try it out"...

As advised, installed it in a separate folder, previously disconnected the work terminal.

Installed it, rotated it, switched it off.

Started the work terminal...

Excuse me, developers, but this is where the censorious vocabulary ends.

Explain to me why *** the work terminal of third-party DC was updated to your new build with all the self-scripted SCRIPTs, COUNTS AND INDICATORS???????

Were you incapable of foreseeing and ruling out upgrading terminals to an experimental, not fully working build without user consent???? Don't you realise you're screwing people over???? The accounts have been left unattended, the codes are fucked... Now it's going to take a few days to recover. ****************** ********

All in all, it is hard to put my emotions into words.

PS Instead of *** you can put ANY foul language and it won't be enough...

A huge request, solve this auto-refresh problem. Don't screw over your colleagues.

Night63: . . .

PS Instead of *** you can put ANY foul language and it won't be enough...

Please solve this auto-refresh problem. Don't screw up your colleagues .

In the new terminal everything is placed in the MQL folder, it searches there for indicators, scripts and Expert Advisors.
All old ones should stay in the old folders, at least that's how it is with me.

chief2000:

In the new terminal everything is placed in the MQL folder, it searches for indicators, scripts and EAs there.
All old ones should remain in their old folders, at least for me.

It saves, but not everything, I have deleted the set-files for the EA (experts/presets folder just disappeared).

But old terminals of other brokerage companies do not update automatically, as they were 509 and still are

Night63:............... a third-party DC terminal was upgraded to your new build with all self-made SCRIPTs, COUNTERS and INDICATORS??????? overwritten.

I don't think so.

Updating some other terminal is true, it's happened before.

Doubts about the mashing. I haven't had anything rubbed out once.

All old programs were in "%TerminalPath%\experts" and still are. They really don't exist in folder %TerminalPath%\MQL4 (which is for new programs). They are in the same place they were.

--

I mean, I think they made such a fuss for nothing. Of course, if you're desperate for build 509, you'll have to install it again. But still, it doesn't deserve all the fuss.

evillive:

It saves, but not everything, my EA set-files got overwritten (the experts/presets folder just disappeared).

But old terminals of other DCs don't update spontaneously as they were 509 and still are.

Looks like he didn't look at the log. Updates have been downloaded, he closed beta and opened working one, well updates have been applied to working one. I'm guessing. I'm guessing.

I wouldn't experiment like that. And, yes, I have three working 509 terminals and still have them. And all the files are in place.

MetaDriver:
But still, it doesn't deserve all this raucous emotion.

What about shouting?

evillive:

It does save, but not everything, I have erased set-files for the EA (experts/presets folder just disappeared).
But the old terminals of other brokerage companies do not update automatically, as they were 509 and still are

I do not save set-files in the folder experts so I cannot check it, but I am not sure why I need to save optimization files in MT4 folders - the disk should have a separate directory like projects independent of the terminal with subfolders where all results are kept.
Reason: