MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 71

Renat:

Is UAC enabled?

Is it always repeated or only the first time you start after updating?

1. Yes

2. Always. And after first pressing F4 something loads, sometimes even an editor window flashes, then closes instantly and terminal log shows a message that no editor was found. Pressing F4 again starts the editor without any problems.

The bugs with graphical objects were never addressed...

All the previously described problems with graphical objects remain !

Noticed something else as well. It's impossible to set anchor point as it was in mt4.

Please add OBJPROP_ANCHOR to make it compatible with mt5.

Oh, and another thing! What a nasty bug !

Not a single OBJ_LABEL called from OnTick is updated. Hanging dead digit set during initialization and that's it.

pro_:

All the previously described problems with graphical objects remain !

Noticed something else. It's impossible to set anchor point as it was in mt4.

Please add OBJPROP_ANCHOR to make it compatible with mt5.

Oh, and another thing! What a really annoying bug!

Not a single OBJ_LABEL called from OnTick is updated. Hanging dead digit set during initialization and that's it.

Strange, all of my OBJ_LABELs are listed, but from OnTick is called the function with OBJ_LABEL. See if there is an error in the code.

Work with graphical objects and charting upgrade.

sergeev:

By the way, about the update.

why is the terminal behaving so strangely?

terminal starts. i see the new version is being downloaded. once downloaded, the terminal does not prompt to reboot and does not notify about the new build.

maybe a window about the new version would be not superfluous?

All is shown in the log.

You just need to look in there periodically :)

sergeev:

I'm talking about the dialog box with that explicit suggestion. what does it have to do with the log

What is the purpose of this "window"?

I think it's much better to send messages to email or smartphone. It's even better to add the appropriate functionality in MQL itself, which will allow you to detect the presence of update and perform all the necessary actions.

Interesting:

I think it would be much better to send messages to email or smartphone. Better yet, in MQL itself we should add the appropriate functionality, which would allow to determine whether an update is available and perform all the necessary actions.

That's an interesting twist. As if, so that the adviser could say to the terminal - "you just ... Wait..., I'll just finish up here... and send word to the boss - he'll...".

There is a grain in this, there is ...

Barbarian:

Strange, I have all OBJ_LABEL output, but the function with OBJ_LABEL is called from OnTick. See if there is an error in the code.

They are printed correctly. Mine too, by using the function with OBJ_LABEL. But they do not change. You may try to output just the BID. It does not change.

After the last update, I can't copy a text string by Ctrl+V in MetaEditor. For example, I need to copy some text in the EA code, but it does not work. And it works in other editors, including old MetaEditor, without any problems.

If I copy it from the editor into the editor, it works without any problems.

Windows 7x64, MT build 548, MetaEditor build 874. I run everything from icons on the Desktop as a normal user of the Administrator group, I don't use /portable.

artmedia70:

That's an interesting twist. As if, so that the adviser could say to the terminal - "you just ... "Hang on... I'll finish up here... I'll send word to the chief - he'll..."

There's a point to this, there's a...

The idea is that the Expert Advisor can work completely independently (for example on a VPS). In idea this work can be done for a long time, weeks or months.

In my opinion, in this case at least it is useful to inform the "trader" that the update is available and has been downloaded.

Whether to restart the terminal or not is a separate question.

Reason: