Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 764

logut:
I have re-read the whole thing several times, I don't understand what to enter

This will help.

Types of orders

The client terminal allows you to prepare and give orders to the broker for trade execution. In addition, the terminal allows you to control and manage the status of open positions. Several types of trade orders are used for this purpose. Order is a client's instruction or instruction to brokerage company to perform a trade operation. The following orders are used in the terminal: Market Order, Pending Order, Stop Loss and Take Profit.

• Market order
    A market order is an instruction given to a brokerage company to buy or sell a financial instrument at the current price. Execution of this order leads to opening of a trading position. A Buy order is executed at Ask price (ask price) and Sell order is executed at Bid price (ask price). You can attach Stop Loss and Take Profit orders to the market order (these orders are described below). The mode of execution of market orders varies depending on the financial instrument.
  • Pending order
    Pending order is an instruction from the brokerage company to buy or sell a financial instrument at a specified price in the future. This order is used for opening of a trading position if future quotes are equal to the set level. There are four types of pending orders:
  • Buy Limit - buy when the future Ask price is equal to the set value. The current price level is higher than the value of the set order. Usually this type of orders is placed expecting that the security price will start to grow when it reaches a certain level;
  • Buy Stop - buy when the future Ask price is equal to the value set. In this case the current price level is lower than the value of the set order. Usually this type of orders is based on the expectation that the security price will pass a certain level and will continue its growth;
  • Sell Limit - sell when the future price "Bid" is equal to the set value. In this case the current price level is lower than the value of the set order. Usually orders of this type are put out expecting that the security price will start to fall when rising to a certain level;
  • Sell Stop - sell when the future "Bid" price is equal to the value set. In this case the current price level is higher than the value of the set order. Orders of this type are usually placed in the expectation that the instrument price will reach a certain level and continue to fall.

I do not have the wrong associations when I say "what to enter where".

Vinin:

This will help.

Types of orders

The client terminal allows you to prepare and give orders to the broker for trade execution. Besides, the terminal allows controlling and managing open positions. For this purpose, several types of trade orders are used. Order is a client's instruction or instruction to brokerage company to perform a trade operation. The following orders are used in the terminal: Market Order, Pending Order, Stop Loss and Take Profit.

• Market order
    A market order is an instruction to a brokerage company to buy or sell a financial instrument at the current price. Execution of this order results in opening of a trading position. A buy position is executed at Ask price (bid price) and sell position is executed at Bid price (ask price). You can attach Stop Loss and Take Profit orders to market orders (these orders are described below). The mode of execution of market orders varies depending on the instrument.
  • Pending order
    A pending order is an instruction to a brokerage company to buy or sell a financial instrument at a specified price in the future. There are four types of pending orders:
  • Buy Limit - buy when the future Ask price is equal to the set value. The current price level is higher than the value of the set order. Orders of this type are usually placed expecting that the instrument price will start to grow after it falls to a certain level;
  • Buy Stop - buy when the future Ask price is equal to the value set. Orders of this type are usually placed in the expectation that the instrument price will overcome a certain level and continue to rise;
  • Sell Limit - sell when the future "Bid" price is equal to the value set. Orders of this type are usually placed in the expectation that the instrument price will start to fall after rising to a certain level;
  • SellStop - to sell when the future "Bid" price is equal to the value set. Orders of this type are usually placed in the expectation that the instrument price will reach a certain level and continue to decrease.

I do not quite get the right associations when I say "what to enter where".

These definitions I understand I need to apply them in my EA

logut:
I understand these definitions, I need to apply them to an EA
I want to see an EA with any pending order without indicators.

logut:
I want to see an EA with any pending order with no indicators.What in it is responsible for what.
OrderSend(), the second parameter is the trade operation type.

evillive:
OrderSend(), second parameter is trade operation type.
input double lots = 0.01;
input int takeprofit = 100;
input int stoploss = 100;
extern int magic = 123;
//----------------+
int start()
{

int ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,Ask,3,Ask -stoploss* Point, Bid + takeprofit* Point,NULL,123,120,CLR_NONE);

return(0);

What errors do I have? And what do I need to type in next?

prom18:
Help, please! Maybe someone has met either part of the code, or a script, or an EA on the following principle. We put 2 pending orders (buy and sell), when one triggered, the second is removed and in its place is set the same but with double lot. When the second pending order triggers, the first one is also placed in place of the first one with tripled lot. I hope I have written it clearly. Thank you.
What is the trick? To dump as soon as possible? The picture shows that we need limiters, no?

Vinin:

I don't quite get the right associations when I say "what to put in where"

Me neither... Rzewski's a fancy man....

artmedia70:
I feel the same way... Rzewski's fancied....
would help in the study of the councilman's writings.

logut:
would have helped in the study of the Councillor's writing.
It's been done for a long time. See the tutorial at the top of the page

There are two MT4 terminals on the same laptop: one with 4 decimal places and one with 5 decimal places. In the same time the traffic on the first one is 105/0 kb, on the second one 3450/0 kb. First one is CPU intensive by 6%, second one by 39%. What is the problem? Is this even a norm?
Reason: