Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 127

Sepulca:
That's an interesting idea, if you set aside the periods where statistics of high importance come out and see if there is a spread widening without much reason to do so.

Forexman77:

Yesterday's statistics came out at 3:30pm, "Change in Non-Farm Payrolls", "Unemployment Rate", the market reacts strongly to this statistic and spreads widen before it.

It turns out that before 3:30pm the spread widened to 28 points on the five digits? If so, the opinion is that it was actually bigger.

For example, I put 5 pips in the tester and there is a profit. I set the current one (it is 33 pips now). Or should we select 50 pips in the tester instead of 5 pips as it is a five-digit value?

Yes, if the five-digit value in the tester is better to put at least 20 pips. And in general, probably, if the spread is more than 20 pips (in this case), it is better not to open OP_BUY and not to close OP_SELL, but to wait for reduction of spread. After all, even within one minute the spread may change significantly. And of course do not trade on Friday after 11 p.m., because at this time not only the spread increases, but also the leverage may decrease.

Can you tell me what can cause several orders to be set at the same price at the same time within one tick?

SergMich:

Can you tell me what can cause several orders to be set at the same price at the same time within one tick?

If there is no such-and-such an order with such-and-such a magician at such-and-such a symbol, then set

artmedia70:
If there is no such-and-such order, with such-and-such magician, on such-and-such symbol, then set

I understood the idea, I understand that this condition is checked in the loop using an order-select, but what should I do if there are no orders set yet?

SergMich:

I understand that such a condition is checked in the loop via an order-select, but what if there are no orders set yet?
Then it is set immediately

artmedia70:
So he'll put it in right away.

If it goes through a loop, the first order won't place, at least that's not how it works for me.

SergMich:
If the first order will not be placed through a loop, at least it did not work for me.
If you type ExistOrders into a site search, you will find a branch of Igor Kim and you will learn there. They are quite universal and may be just right for the first time and for understanding/learning.

artmedia70:
Type ExistOrders into the website search and you will find a branch by Igor Kim, so you can learn there. They are very versatile - just right for your first time and for comprehension/learning.
Ok, thanks.

Hello! I am comparing the opening prices of 3 bars (3,2,1). How can I not count the bars where the prices are equal?

for( x=<3;x--)
{
 if( Open[x]==Open[x] )
  {
    x+1;
   }
  if( Open[x]<Open[x] )
   {
   }
Reason: