Registration for the MetaQuotes-Demo Championships in May - page 57

Andrey Dik:

So I gave you examples. A few of them.

I don't believe anyone understands what I'm talking about here, unfortunately.

OK, I'll try to break it down on my fingers, although there is a definition of profit in the link above, but it may not be clear to anyone. Any trading activity, be it potato trading, smartphone trading, or CFD trading can only be evaluated for the reporting period based on closed positions. For example, Euroset's head office does not care how many branches in cities bought smartphones for sale (equity). They are only interested in how many smartphones were sold during the reporting period (balance, the difference between balances at the beginning of the period and at the end of the period is profit). I.e. closed transactions. Each branch of euroset has a struggle, each branch wants to sell more smartphones and report more profit. Profit counts only on closed deals, it does not matter when the last deal was closed, the main thing - profit counts on closed deals. Now imagine the most shrewd branch decided to do this: to buy a huge batch of smartphones, filling the warehouse with them, expecting that at the end of the month the manager will come and see a warehouse full of smartphones and be happy. But it didn't happen, the manager arrived and started yelling: "What the fuck did you fuckers do? When are you going to implement all this?" And the branch says: "When we sell it, there's gonna be a shitload of money!" And the manager says, "You lop-eared sheep, the dollar will jump at the beginning of the month and no one will take smartphones until they're completely obsolete, and then you'll sell for next to nothing?"

The same reasoning goes for those who love equity: they may accumulate a huge position and then, at closing, it will be big, and then I will beat everyone.

I would like to reiterate that all financial operations are measured by closed positions/contracts/contracts. Close positions one minute before the end of the competition, and then you can be evaluated on all parameters. It does not matter if your balance equals equity at the time of closing the position, but you will go to the shop when the positions are closed on your trading account. I have said it a thousand times, and I have explained it a thousand times, that you can use and calculate profit only when positions are closed. Closed. Closed. Closed. Closed.

This bullshit will not work: "Here I close the position on my trading account, and I'll have lots and lots of money, but in the meantime give me that pink RollsRoyce please for 200 quid from the balance! Close your positions first, then come back again. And don't give me that "At the end of the contest, the balance will sort of equalise with equity" gumption again. It's obvious that it will equalise! You should also ask MQ to make the signals show indicators based on equity, not on closed positions, to mess with investors' heads....

LOL at you people. Understand, trading figures cannot be calculated overnight. Profits are calculated for the reporting period. And by closed positions. Closed positions are an indicator of deliberate financial actions. Do you think Samsung is a fool, why do not they make a billion S8? Equity will be big! No, they do exactly as much as they can then sell (close positions) and at the end of the year the report is "120m S8s sold" not "880m S8s in stock".

Once again, a request. Folks, is there anyone here with a financial background? Anybody? Please help me, explain it to me professionally, I can't do it, unfortunately.

Andrey, one more time, one more time, please listen to me, one more time:::

We don't count at any time, but at the last tick at the end of the contest. What does it matter who closes our positions, or MQ on their side, or the EA, or us with our hands.

We do not care what happens on Monday, even if the gap is 1000 points, we have a certain period, the reporting period, so to speak.

Do you understand?

You are describing a situation that is very different from ours, we have the allotted (!) time.

What Vitaly is trying to say is that after Friday's stoppage, we formally take equity into account - i.e. we consider it to be brought into balance.

We cannot arrange compulsory closing of positions.

The essence thereof does not change in any way.

We have Saturday and Sunday. ( we have an allotted (!) time ).

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Andrei, once again: once, once, please take heed, one last time:::

We don't count at any time, but at the last tick at the end of the contest. What does it matter who closes our positions, or MQ on his side, or the EA, or us with our hands.

We do not care what happens on Monday, even if the gap is 1000 points, we have a certain period, the reporting period, so to speak.

Do you understand?

Once again: close your own positions one minute before the end of the day. In a second. An hour. You can't close a position by yourself? Can't you close a position with fairy-tale equity? Or is it just hoping that equity, which was already at the floor, jumps up at the very last moment before Saturday? Close your position yourself.

Closing a position is a deliberate move, not an act of chance. Close your positions and then you will be able to evaluate your financial performance.

this is why sometimes you don't want to close something in the final minutes

Andrey Dik:
Once again: close your own positions one minute before the end of the day. In a second. An hour. Can`t you close a position by yourself? Your hand is not able to close a position with fairy equity? Or is it just hoping that equity, which was already at the floor, jumps up at the very last moment before Saturday? Close your own positions.

why!

yes it does on the screenshot you can see why

Yuriy Zaytsev:

This is why sometimes you don't want to close something in the final minutes

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! That's what I was talking about. People like that rely on chance! They have no meaningful trading.

Andrey Dik:
Once again: close your own positions one minute before the end of the day. In a second. In an hour. Can`t you close a position by yourself? You can't close a position with fairytale equity? Or is it just hoping that equity will jump up at the very last moment before Saturday? Close your own positions.

I have already said that not everyone has the opportunity to do so, and it is not a requirement that everyone can fulfil.

I, too, was an advocate of this, but when I sat without lights for 25 hours, I learned the hard way that it is not always feasible!

Andrey Dik:
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! That's what I was talking about. People like this are hoping for the odds! They don't have a meaningful trade.

If there's a purpose, there's a point

Do you see where my take is? - that's the target.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

why!

yes there is in the screenshot you can see why

You would have been forcibly closed and you were not asked, but we do not all have the opportunity to close manually, force majeure never cancelled

Vitaly Muzichenko:

As I said before, not everyone has the opportunity to do so, and not everyone will be able to meet this requirement.

I, too, was an advocate of this, but when I sat without light for 25 hours I realised first hand that it is not always feasible!

+

That's what I said too

Reason: