Signs of a REAL system - page 8

RomanS >> :

Gentlemen!!! While pondering the topic of the ideal advisor, an idea came to mind!!! Or rather, the whole idea!!!

I think I found a way that can protect the EA from plummeting, or rather not even the EA but any TS!

But you have to work at it and you have to be an excellent programmer (which I'm not and I can't do it).

Yes, to force myself not to go to the computer and not to press the buttons - it's a difficult task, not everyone can do it! And it should be worked on!

Sta2066 >> :

It would be better if the author numbered the criteria to make it easier to answer.

>> All this is useful to think about.

I didn't set out to discuss the criteria. There are things that are more or less obvious - so I wanted to collect them all into one pastry;)

))) There used to be a barbershop in my house, and in the back of the queue in the men's room there was "The Moral Code of the Builder of Communism" on the wall next to pictures of fashionable morons.

We have something similar. In its practical content.

Svinozavr >> :

Yes. Forcing yourself not to go to a computer and not to press buttons is a difficult task, not everyone can do it. You have to work at it.

You shouldn't do that... It's a good idea, though!

I just don't want to discuss my idea in this thread as it turns out to be off topic!!!

Just an idea came up... and if I don't run into any pitfalls, I'll put it in another thread.

Svinozavr >> :

))) There used to be a barbershop in my house, and in the back of the queue in the men's room there was "The Moral Code of the Builder of Communism" on the wall next to pictures of fashionable morons.

We have something similar. In terms of its practical content.

))

Off topic. Avatar Svinozavr!= Avatar Chisel?

why are we so hung up on fitting?

i never added anything from the discussion to logical errors and external inhibitions :(

ForexTools >> :

why are we so hung up on fitting?

I never added anything from the discussion to logical errors and external inhibitions :(

Would add. Using only one signal source. There must be signal confirmation and filtering itself.

ForexTools писал(а) >>

Signs of fitting:

The sacred cow of this forum is fitting! There is no such thing as fitting. Taught students how to write a TS. One of them wrote an awesome TS, but only works in a rising market. I accused him of fitting. I got the answer that his TS is designed to work in this very market, while it is not designed for others and we just have to wait for our own market. My student shouted out to all the local naked kings "and the carol is naked". The problem is not that it is "naked" - the problem is identifying the end of that section of BP where a particular TS works.

the only problem with fitting is that it doesn't work as well as it does on any other area except the fitted one.

If you are 100% sure that next week will be exactly the same as the same week last month, and it will be, then of course the fitted system from that week will also work fine on this week.... it's all a matter of that 100% certainty.

And then the system is written only for a growing market, and the system in which the optimizer has chosen the parameters for which it works profitably - they are completely different concepts ;)

ForexTools писал(а) >>

the only problem with fitting is that it doesn't work as well as it does on any other area except the fitted one.

If you are 100% sure that next week will be exactly the same as the same week last month, and it will be, then of course the fitted system from that week will also work fine on this week.... the question is 100% certainty.

What is the forward test for next week?

1. A positive result means that the next week is the same as the previous week, but what will be the next week in real trading?

2. A negative result means that the next week on the forward test is not the same as the previous week on the main test - but the next week on the real test will be the same as for the main test or the same as for the forward one?

Forward test doesn't mean anything at all.

The whole ideology of "fitting" is harmful, because it creates the illusion of the market stationarity, whereas it is not stationary, not linear, dynamic, and has memory.

Reason: