Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 942

Thank you very much. I knew it was very simple. Thanks again.....

I have created my first EA, it works smoothly, but what should I do if I want to turn off the platform and the EA for a while, how can I make the EA work with the same values that were before it was turned on?

save the variables to a file, then read them back

I have a question about calculating profits on futures and cfd, or rather to calculate the distance for a certain profit. i can't find how to calculate it correctly.

lotReset is the lot size, and lot is the contract size in the base currency of the instrument.

For forex, for example, I calculate it like this: dangerDistLoss =profit /( (0.00001 /point) *(lotReset * lot) * value);

amavladi:

I have created my first EA, it works without problems, but what should I do if I want to switch the platform and the EA off for a while?
Why do they change when you turn off / on?

borilunad:
Why do they change when you turn them off/on?
I think that these variables are reset to zero when the platform is turned off and I want them to be saved, maybe I'm wrong and the EA keeps them until I remove it from the window, I haven't found anything about it in the MQL4 manual, maybe you can advise me which materials to read, thanks in advance.

amavladi:
If I'm wrong, the Expert Advisor saves them until I remove it from the window, I haven't found anything about it in the MQL4 manual, may be you can advise what materials to read, thanks in advance.
How can you change external variables that you have written in representation as extern int, double, string or bool?

Hi all. I don't know how to do it right (if I did, I wouldn't ask). I will put it in a nutshell.

Imagine, on a demo account (EURUSD H1) there is a Moving Average (or another EA). We attach a single line indicator to the same chart:

Comment("OrdersTotal ",OrdersTotal()); During the EA operation and opening of trade and/or pending orders, the result of the indicator

(in the upper left corner) will be changed. Now, a question for the experts) I am doing the same in the strategy tester. The indicator's result is: the number of open orders in the terminal.

How can I see the open orders in the strategy tester (as a rule, they have ticket numbers 1, 2, 3, etc.) from the indicator? And the closed ones (tester history) ?

borilunad:
How is it possible to change external variables that you have written in the view as extern int, double, string or bool?

Who knows how to find out

longchart_id, // Chart ID. 0 means current chart.

if the chart is not current?

Reason: