Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 897

Hi all. Wrote interactive panel(buttons) void OnChartEvent . It doesn't work in the strategy tester. Buttons are pressed(change shade) but orders are not opened.

The indicators that use TF data (H4) different from the visualisation period (M15) do not work correctly or do not work at all.

Please advise how to deal with this. Perhaps this has already been discussed somewhere ?

The indicators are applied in the chart display and in the lower part behind the chart itself apparently this is called the basement and how to make the displayed chart move to the top of the chart itself with the candlesticks.

I don't know anything about the basement. Some indicators have to be placed in indicator windows (subwindows), which are designed specifically for this purpose,

Otherwise, you will get this. You can place additional graphical objects as you wish. Read more and pay more attention.

kosmos0975:

I don't know anything about the basement. Some indicators have to be placed in indicator windows (subwindows), which are designed specifically for this purpose,

Otherwise, you will get this. You can place additional graphical objects as you wish. Read more and pay more attention.

It's either me or the programmer calls it as an additional sub-window below the chart itself.

#property indicator_separate_window //Display indicator in a separate window
I have the following property

#property indicator_chart_window //Display indicator in a chart window
But so far, it is not possible to display it on the top.

There may be more than one indicator window, but this does not mean that the chart will now be called a multi-level basement.(joking)

Try to copy the indicator text, replacing _separate_ with _chart_. Create a new indicator. Do not put a tick in front of (Indicator in a separate window).

do not check it. Delete the lines in the new indicator. Insert the text of old one. See what you get.

koctik:
The basement is either me or may be so and may be programmers call this additional sub-window under the chart itself and if I have this in my indicator

#property indicator_separate_window //Display indicator in a separate window
I have the following property

#property indicator_chart_window //Display indicator in a chart window
But so far, it is not possible to display it on the top.

Hi all. Wrote an interactive panel(buttons) with void OnChartEvent()handler function. It doesn't work in the strategy tester. Buttons are clicked (change shade) but orders are not opened.

Indicators using time frame data (e.g. H4) that differs from the test period (e.g. M15) do not work correctly or do not work in the strategy tester at all.

Please advise how to fix it. Maybe this has already been discussed somewhere ?

Hi again everyone. I will describe more precisely the problems with the strategy tester in general, or with my terminal in particular.

I found out via Comment(s) that in the strategy testerthevoid OnChartEvent()handler functionis not executed,

probably due to the lack of events for the visualization chart.

I read that the functions iBarShift, iOpen, iHigh, iLow, iClose do not work in the strategy tester. This is not true. The indicator is drawn correctly

on the history before testing. As soon as testing starts, the bars of older periods are not updated, and these functions see the nearest to itself

by time zero bar. If we forcefully generate earlierHistoryTime=ObjectGet("VLine", OBJPROP_TIME1)without interrupting the tester

for iBarShift function of older TF,you will soon see bars 1, 2, 3 etc. ofolder periods. The iOpen, iHigh, iLow, iClose show the correct prices on them.

If you restart the tester during its operation and the indicator chart is rendered incorrectly, it will be rendered correctly again until that point.

Perhaps, when forming new bars of higher (other) TF, the re-indexing does not take place. Perhaps there are methods of forced re-indexing of

other TF's by analogy with non-standard price determination:if ( IsTesting() ) { bid=Close[0]; ask = Close[0]+MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD )*Point; }

Maybe someone wrote analogues of these functions using bars of the current (low) test period.

Please share your experiences on this topic.

This indicator does not work properly in the strategy tester. What should be done to make it work.

Files:
mini_line.mq4  3 kb

Hello. Maybe someone has come across the USDCNY ticker, can't find it.

When trying to close overlapped orders it says "not enough rights". Liteforex demo broker. I was able to do it before. What is the problem?

DD! I have the internet on all the time. How can I disconnect the terminal from the internet? in order to analyse the history, test the indicator, etc. Thank you!
Reason: