Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 853

ilovetwins:

Hello, I'm switching from mql5 to mql4.

I am trying to use indicators from different timeframes in my code.

Suppose I run an EA on M1.
This code works perfectly: iSAR(NULL,0,0.02,0.2,1);
This one too: iSAR(NULL,PERIOD_M1,0.02,0.2,1);

But when I access another timeframe it always returns 0, for example: iSAR(NULL,PERIOD_M30,0.02,0.2,1);

Thank you.

And if it's just 30?

А если просто 30? 

iSAR(NULL,1,0.02,0.2,1);

worked, and

iSAR(NULL,30,0.02,0.2,1);  

no

Is there some kind of setting in the metatrader, like allowing it to work on all timeframes?

ilovetwins:

iSAR(NULL,1,0.02,0.2,1);

worked, and

iSAR(NULL,30,0.02,0.2,1);  

no

Is there some kind of setting in the metatrader, like allowing it to work on all timeframes?

I don't know about the setting, but it is allowed.

Guys, this topic has been covered a lot of ground and you're still not aware of it... Indicator values for periods other than the current one are not available in the tester.

AlexeyVik:
Guys, this topic has been covered a lot of ground and you're still not aware of it... Indicator values other than the current period are not available in the tester.
Don't be so categorical, at least try to check it first ;)

AlexeyVik:
Guys, this topic has been covered a lot of ground and you're still not aware of it... Indicator values for periods other than the current one are not available in the tester.
Thank you, I didn't know and foolishly used them.

evillive:
Don't be so categorical, at least try to check first ;)
Did I miss something? Did they put it back?

Good afternoon. EA does not want to work on pairs with prefix like EURUSD.ecn at broker JustForex. It works fine at another ECN broker, thank you,

AlexeyVik:
Did I miss something? Did they put it back?
No one took away the tester's access to other people's TFs. The only thing they took away was the visualisation.

IHAR2:
Good afternoon. The advisor does not want to work on pairs with the prefix likeEURUSD.ecn at the broker JustForex. At another ECN broker it works fine, thank you,
Finalize the code to make it work.
Reason: