Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 654

evillive:

It's up to Service Desk to rip the site's programmers' ears off )

ME's help is correct, it is updated more often than site, I advise to use help.

Let them keep their ears, otherwise they won't hear us at all.)

It really is more convenient to pull everything from help.

How to contact Service Desk? This is not the only disadvantage.

sable:

How do I contact Service Desk? It's not the only problem.

register at mql5.com, go to your profile and in the column on the left there will be a link

evillive:

I wrote - TP=0, SL=0, all conditions to open/close are checked only at opening of a new candle, check above. Is it even correct? Vinin once confirmed that this check works. I'm testing on M15, H1, it still doesn't match. That's why I want to make a robot on opening prices, to discard the tester's imperfect tick simulator.

I've been using this check for years:

static int PrevTime=0;

if(Time[0]<=PrevTime) return(0);

PrevTime=Time[0];

Hi friends, can someone tell me a question about MQL4-5 (I don't know how to name it correctly, it's short for MetaTrader 4). Why when I connect a custom indicator in an Expert Advisor, the periods in iCustom indicator call function do not work? In iCustom ONLY the period of the current chart works. Maybe there is an analogue of this function? For example, I start the tester with M1 period, but I need the data for deals from the indicator with M5 period. I'm just starting to learn MQL programming, maybe I'm missing something trivial. By the way, I have noticed the same problem with iHigh or iHighest functions. What to do?

platonov3000:
Hi friends, can someone tell me a question about MQL4-5 (I don't know how to name it correctly, it's short for MetaTrader 4). Why when I connect a custom indicator in an Expert Advisor, the periods in iCustom indicator call function do not work? In iCustom ONLY the period of the current chart works. Maybe there is an analogue of this function? For example, I start the tester with M1 period, but I need the data for deals from the indicator with M5 period. I'm just starting to learn MQL programming, maybe I'm missing something trivial. By the way, I have noticed the same problem with iHigh or iHighest functions. What to do?

The code give me an example of how it does not work.

evillive:

Give the code as an example of how it does not work.
For example:

double Volna = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M5, "Awesome",0,0); this indicator has no input parameters, but has 3 buffers. With this period, the tester doesn't see the indicator.

I check it this way... (quick). I start testing with M1 period, then stop, if the tester doesn't see the indicator, it doesn't show on the chart. If I change the period to a simple "0" in the EA, then the indicator is perfectly displayed on the chart after testing.

Try the other way round, test on a larger TF and call the indicator for a smaller one. The modelling problem is probably in the tester.

Can I set the height of indicator window in mql4, which opens when I transfer it to a chart? I think there is one in mql5, but I can't find it here...

I'm testing on a higher TF...(M15), calling the indicator with a period smaller than in the tester (M1 or M5)... ...The indicator is not displayed.

Only "0 or PERIOD_CURRENT" still works (current period).

evillive:
Try the other way round, test on a larger TF and call the indicator for a smaller one. The modelling problem is probably in the tester.

I.e. there is a suspicion that the terminal itself, the broker I need, is not doing the testing properly? What do they call it...., lags..., bugs... . And at the same time, the terminal updates the same for everyone. And the history of the area being tested is there on all TFs. I don't understand it... :(
Reason: