Cyclical patterns in the market - page 19

Telo:

That's why I know that there are not only kitchens, but also normal companies like Dukas, or if you don't trust the whole subject at all, there is the CME (Chicago exchange, which has currency futures), where everything is transparent. The latter two even have tumblers. So if you don't believe in making money, that's a separate topic. I have many real examples of people earning even on MT4, and the kind of money many people can't even dream of. I have also withdrawn a lot of money myself.

And all these examples I have traded regularities found by them, the only trouble is that nobody wants to share their secrets).

As long as there is a pattern, you have to trade it and find a new one, the old one disappears, you trade a new one, that's what trading is.

Not only do I believe in the possibility of making money, I am even aware of the possibility.

I'm only sceptical about trying to PREVENT...

prikolnyjkent:

Not only do I believe in the possibility of making money, I am even aware of the possibility.

I am only sceptical about trying to PREVENT...

When you start trading, it means that you already predict that the result of the trade will be positive, otherwise you would not trade.

prikolnyjkent:

I'm only sceptical about trying to FORECAST...

Oh, well, that's different then, because I was getting upset!

In fact, I am also sceptical about predictions and believe that you should make profit from what you have. But nevertheless, like all researchers, I am interested in something, so sometimes, when inspiration strikes, I return to trying to make predictions. Most of all I am tormented by the question, why sometimes predictions come true very accurately, and other times they do not (it is because of this question I come back to predictions and search for regularities every time). For instance I made an indicator, that makes 1 candlestick in the future (with shadows), and sometimes it is accurate to 1 point in forecasting, i.e. it is making exactly the candlestick you want, and that's very impressive! You feel like an inventor. Sometimes it shows the right direction, but in the end it comes down to 50% chance of getting the forecast right again. But in the case of ATR the forecast is quite accurate and almost always coincides with some error of course (I am learning to apply it). In general the final desire is to create a forecast that will show the probability of occurrence of a particular event in the approximate range of time, and that this probability is still different from 50%.

Though really, I concern to forecasts in a Skeptical way.

khorosh:
When you start trading, it means that you already predict that the result of the trade will be positive, otherwise you would not be trading.

Of course, you are just using the word ;-) - prediction is not the same as prediction. I "one hundred percent" accurately predict the departure of the price from its current level, the impossibility of the quote's fall to zero, or a good deal at the end of a chain of losing trades.

But that is not what you are doing...

There is also the option of screwing on the maros formula.

I would like to run it on equal volume bars. As the time component there is a slightly different sauce.

Grot:

There is also the option of screwing on the maros formula.

I would like to run it on equal volume bars. As the time component there is a slightly different sauce.

What do you mean by equal volume bars? If it's a renko type chart, then it doesn't work correctly at all. Or other types?

not Renko. equal-volume is the same as regular candlestick bars, only with the same number of ticks (in this case tick volume, there is also real volume, but that's not here)

Can I try, where can I get a script to create such graphs?

prikolnyjkent:

Of course, you are just using the word ;-) - prediction is not the same as prediction. I "one hundred per cent" accurately predict the departure of the price from its current level, the impossibility of the quote's fall to zero, or a good deal at the end of a chain of continuous losing trades.

But what you are doing is NOT THAT...

I think I understand your working scheme. Confirm my guess by answering the following questions.

1. Do you maximise your profits in a volatile market in a flat?

2. Do you make the minimum profit on a low volatility market in a trend?

3. the profit parameter in this scheme plays a very large role in the survivability of the system. There are no stops.

Telo:

In principle it is possible to agree with it, because this statement makes sense, but if we draw an analogy with thermodynamics (I think it can be done), then energy is a money flow, but where does it dissipate? It is clear that energy usually turns into heat, but what does the cash flow turn into if we consider price movement as useful work?

In the end, of course, it turns into the same heat. The chain is roughly as follows: one bought, the other sold, as a result one of them got a profit, he: a) drank/sold it (releasing a certain amount of heat into the atmosphere) b) gave it to a third person for some product or service, and so on along the commodity-money chain, until we get to the dude, who will reach point a).

But this is not so important, it is important to realise a more general thing - thermodynamics determines the direction of the arrow of time, which is determined by the direction of irreversible processes. This is exactly the kind of process we observe on the marker, regardless of what kind of energy it occurs with. For simplicity, you can consider that with information in a broad sense, because it is both the origin of all market movements (in the form of concentrated information influences), and their final result (but already in a dispersed state).

Reason: