help with the Slippage parameter - page 5

borilunad:
This is a necessary defence against anything, especially with higher volatility. If nothing interferes, the ECN does not take the slippage into account as if it were zero! I am on ECN myself! They don't ban slips and they don't know what is put out. The price is set automatically when yours is accepted, but they set theirs according to whoever rules the ball!
I cannot do it on the esn, it has already been said in this thread that it's impossible to get the price you need on the esn, i already said it in this thread it's not possible to get to the price you need to get there but if i try to put it out i get an error 130 Wrong stop and take and my esn program crashes

ex_kalibur:

here is a line from the code

if (Stopovie == true) g_ticket = OrderSend(g_symbol, OP_BUYSTOP, Lots, Ask, 0, 0, 0, "requested price" + DoubleToStr((Ask), 5), Magic, 0,MediumBlue);

Print("Ask", g_symbol, "Asked price", (DoubleToStr((Ask),5)), "Ask price" , MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK), " error: ", ErrorDescription(GetLastError()))

Help, maybe there's an error somewhere?

An order of theOP_BUYSTOP typecannot be set at the Ask price. Please study the documentation.

When setting a pending order, the opening price cannot be too close to the market. The minimum distance of the pending price from the current market price in points can also be obtained using the MarketInfo() function with the MODE_STOPLEVEL parameter. If the open price of the pending order is incorrect, an error 130 (ERR_INVALID_STOPS) will be generated.

khorosh:

An order of typeOP_BUYSTOP cannot be set at Ask price. Study the documentation.

When setting a pending order, the opening price cannot be too close to the market. The minimum distance of the pending price from the current market price in points can also be obtained using the MarketInfo() function with the MODE_STOPLEVEL parameter. If the open price of the pending order is incorrect, an error 130 (ERR_INVALID_STOPS) will be generated.

I'm confused, at what price is the buy_stop set?

ex_kalibur:

I'm confused, at what price is the buy_stop set then? Is it bid?

It is simply set at the price. It is triggered if the Ask is equal to or greater than the order price.

ex_kalibur:

I'm confused, at what price is the buy_stop set? Is it a bid?
You can set it at a price that is determined by your trading strategy, but the distance between the set price and the market price should not be less than the STOPLEVEL value.

on the EUN accounts StopLevel 0. So far it works without errors, so buystop at ASK price, buylimit at Ask, sellstop at Bid, selllimit at Bid

ex_kalibur:
I've got it figured out so far and it works without errors, so bystop at ASK price, bylimit at Ask, Sellstop at Bid, Sellimit at Bid.
I wish the marshal a victory in this difficult war with forex).

khorosh:
I wish Marshall victory in this difficult war on forex as well).

)))) thanks a lot. I will definitely post results, the system is ready, it is testing, some interesting facts slip through, in the commentary on the orders I put a price at which the pending order was placed, but when it turns into a market one it is at a completely different price, from the stated limit and stop price))))

here are the first swallows of what's been sold by dealer

ex_kalibur:

here are the first swallows of what's been sold by dealer

Cancelled by dealer.

A pending order is triggered at the closest price at which a trade can be made. If you buy, someone has to sell, but there isn't always a seller willing to sell at your stated price.

Reason: