MetaTrader 5 Platform update build 3280: Improvements and fixes based on traders' feedback - page 4

A100 #:

According to the Documentation: enum refers to some limited set of data. In this sense, comparison and assignment are not fundamentally different: in both cases there should be either Warning or Error. And the fact that you can compare and cannot assign is nonsense.

There is no difference, the test code is incomplete - a constant is used in comparison while it is a variable value in assignment.

Here is the full code:

void OnStart()
  {    
   ENUM_DEAL_REASON  ReasonD = DEAL_REASON_TP;

ENUM_ORDER_REASON Reason1 = DEAL_REASON_TP;
   Reason1 = ReasonD;                          // ERROR

Print(DEAL_REASON_TP == ORDER_REASON_TP);     
   Print(Reason1 == ReasonD);                  // ERROR
  }

The compiler checks if there is a constant in the enumeration, a warning is generated and if the constant is another enumeration, the compiler prints

'ENUM_DEAL_REASON::DEAL_REASON_TP' will be used instead of 'ENUM_ORDER_REASON::ORDER_REASON_TP'

In the case of a variable, the compiler does not know what the value will be and generates an error.

We decided that if an enumeration in an expression does not match, it will always produce an error, because it seems that few people look at the warnings, considering them unimportant...

I hope in the next mobile (ios) update, the MT5 should give "magic number" for deals and positions informations.

It's impossible to follow trades in mobile when you're using severals EAs with diferent magic numbers.

Guilherme Mendonca # :

I hope in the next mobile (ios) update, the MT5 should give "magic number" for deals and positions informations.

It's impossible to follow trades in mobile when you're using severals EAs with diferent magic numbers.

Try to use a comment for each transaction.

In the indicator via CopyTime() I make a request to get data from the monthly timeframe. If the chart opens for the first time, it took 117 seconds to get less than 300 bars for the GBPCHF symbol.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10KW5Usa1ZVONRghSZCHuji4h3CDQVma-/view?usp=sharing

There is such a mention in the help that any TF data is prepared independently of other TF data:

It is not clear why it takes so long to copy 300 bars of another TF. The indicator in the history often only needs values of OLHC bars and does not need internal nesting from other TFs. Is there any way to speed up this moment? The same code in MT4 is executed in less than 0.05 sec.

Files:

Copy by time:

int cHigh=CopyHigh(_Symbol,0,T1,T2,_high);

If the start time hit a non-existent bar - there was a late opening of the session, and this is often NOT the case for forex symbols,

the function returns -1, which is not quite logical. It is more correct to return the closest one found.

Good afternoon.

Where can I download the latest build:

MetaTrader 5 build 3280

The link only says March... 2361... :-(

Oleg_Filatov #:

Good afternoon.

MetaTrader 5 build 3280

Oleg_Filatov #:

Good afternoon.

MetaTrader 5 build 3280

32-bit hasn't been updated for a long time...

In Strategy Tester --> Forward Optimization:

When running the forward testing, the program freezes and loses the forward testing results. Unable to open the cache data.

Build number 3283

I need to ask you something. Please, in the terminal, in the 'Trade' window, explicitly designate two columns: 'Price Open' and 'Price Current'. Now there is a lot of confusion (for new users) - especially if they take screenshots.

Reason: