Forget random quotes - page 18

faa1947:

and how much of a lag he is.

and when it rolls back.

What about the redrawing of the mtfc?

It's inertial.

Andrei01:
This is not an excuse, but an explanation of the logic. The need for redrawing is a disadvantage from all sides - it's harder to write code and the usefulness is questionable.
Well, I'm going to step in here too. Reriasing has only one disadvantage - you cannot see visually on a chart how decisions were taken on the history. Thus, we miss some visual information that is not really needed by the trading system. And for programming there is nothing special you need, your imagination is enough (but without it you won't be able to write a "non rewriteable" indicator).

In general, re-rating allows the system to be as flexible as possible and adapt quickly to changing conditions, changing the resulting trading decision. So in this aspect I completely agree with faa.

alsu:
In general, redrawing allows the system to be as flexible as possible and quickly adjust to changing conditions

Actually, if a TS is built on a redrawing indicator, a non-drawing one can be built on its basis and an absolutely identical TS can be built on it.

So it is nonsense to say that the first ones are better.

You're throwing the whole block off the pace.

C-4:

faa1947, I think you misunderstand the concept of "re-drawability". What is meant by an indicator's redrawability here in this forum is a look into the future. If at time t the indicator shows the value a1, and at time t+1 this same indicator shows for previous time t the value a2, then it is a redrawable indicator, because it takes for time t the value a2 calculated from t2, which at time t has not yet come and therefore is unknown.

1. The notion of a 'non-perishable' indicator is at odds with the notion of an 'indicator' meaning - reflecting the current state of the market, which is like saying 'solid liquid'.

2. It is a cruel mistake to dream of a forecast without any reliable, recognised methods of forecasting, the first step is just to estimate the current state of the market.

3. If ever a predictive indicator can be created, it will come out of the depths of overdrawing. In this minute I will start here https://forum.mql4.com/ru/50108/page43 presentation of 3, possibly predicting indicators, on the basis of analysis: 1 - 2nd derivative price values, 2 - relative values of 2nd derivative price, 3 - resultant sum of increments, we will choose the best one.

4. How to deal with levels is indeed a problem, apparently, we should call the class of these indicators differently, or stop at "levels".

faa1947:
I've never understood "looking to the future". What kind of indicator is ZZ?

It is a classic redrawing indicator with a peek into the future. At one current price ZZ n bars ago it may show a top and at another it may show a trough.

yosuf:

1. The concept of a "non-periodic" indicator contradicts the concept of an "indicator", ...

Read again what is meant by "redrawing" - A redrawing indicator is an indicator that calculates its values for the present using future data. When the future changes - it changes the present. In reality, such indicators should be avoided, or at least be clear about how they work.

C-4:
It's a classic redrawing indicator with an eye to the future.
Hooray) what a load of crap to come up with :) Zigzag looks into the future ))))

alsu:
Well, this is where I step in. The only disadvantage is that the chart does not visually show how the decisions were made on the history. Thus, we lose some visual information that the trading system doesn't really need. And for programming there is nothing special you need, your imagination is enough (but without it you won't be able to write a "non rewriteable" indicator).

This refers not so much to the TS, as to the testing model. There are platforms where there is no tick emulation mode, and there all the indicators are kind of non-rendering, their values are finite and usually calculated for the final state of the bar, ie to some extent, they look into the future, so in these platforms, you should buy or sell only on the next bar after the signal for the current bar and nothing else.
Reason: