Forget random quotes - page 48

Demi:
You were told - the efficiency of econometrics output on forex is measured by the number of links
I'm talking about the KPIs of the popularisation in the base. I did not say a word about econometrics. R is useful in any case.

TheXpert:
I was talking about the efficiency of the popularisation exhaust in the base. I haven't said a word about econometrics. R is useful in any case.
I am interested in the econometric community on this site. That they don't wave their hands around incomprehensible graphs, but simply give the result of Granger causality test and discuss these figures. Professionally. And so it's just impressions, depending on what you take on your chest.

faa1947:
I am interested in the econometric community on this site. Not waving their hands around obscure graphs, but simply giving the results of the Granger causality test and discussing those figures. Professionally. And so it is only impressions, depending on what has been taken on the chest.

So what will be the prognosis of how many of those who took part in the discussion of Granger's test will really understand what it is and how (and most importantly - when) to use it? I still think that in order to really understand what you're doing, it's not enough to learn the commands of a statpicker, even if it's for the "cool" ones like R or Stata.

One more thing. You don't need any of this to make money in the market. You don't need to understand the tests, you need to understand the market.

HideYourRichess:
You don't need to understand the tests, you need to understand the market.
It does not matter to the econometric crowd! ;)))))

alsu:

Well, what is the prediction of how many of those who took part in the Granger test discussion will really understand what it is and how (and most importantly, when) to use it? I still think that in order to really understand what you're doing, it's not enough to learn the commands of a statpicker, even if it's for the "cool" ones, like R or Stata.

Reason to open a branch "Granger test, or what you don't know". :)

HideYourRichess:
One more thing. You don't need any of this to make money in the market. You don't need to understand the tests, you need to understand the market.

You can do it under the same name:)

alsu:

Well, what will be the prediction of how many in the percentage who participated in the Granger test discussion will really understand what it is and how (and most importantly - when) to use it? I still think that in order to really understand what you're doing, it's not enough to learn the commands of a statpackage, even if it's for the "cool" ones, like R or Stata.

I was a graduate in applied mathematics. The head of the department came to the first lecture, looked at us and said: "you'll know maths, but you won't understand it" and to our indignant question: "then who understands maths?" got the answer: "physicists", and then added: "the truth is they don't know maths".

So getting numbers out of a statistical package without economic interpretation of them is just a numbers game. That is the problem with applying mathematics in general and especially statistics to any field, especially economics.

I am optimistic about the participants on this site, as most of the people here are trying to make money and the R package is a much more powerful tool than TA in making money. Those who like to play the numbers game will be weeded out naturally. So there will be enough people on the site in a year's time who both know and understand what they are doing.

I suggest that the topicstarter take the discussion back on track. It has been stated that trends are made by insiders. Is there any evidence to support this claim? I would like to see formulas, calculations and examples related to the general logic of reasoning.

faa1947:

So getting numbers out of a statistical package without interpreting them economically is just a numbers game. This is the problem with applying mathematics in general and especially statistics to any field, especially economics.

this is shamanism... the economic interpretation should also be in numbers and without any interpretation.... that's why it's mathematical statistics... get the numbers, put them in the TS and look at them... if they don't look good, then screw them... the model doesn't work...
Reason: