Catastrophe theory - page 4

what is the typical state of a static, if not relative to something. what state can a point have? this is about the picture above

Empty talk. Jumping off as usual.

DmitriyN:

If I give clear, concise and comprehensible definitions of trends and flotsam in this forum, then _ you know what will start, for many, many pages.

It won't.

Demi:

1. if all prices in the market are normal, then what is an abnormal price state?

2. don't be afraid, even if it starts, the main thing is that it's on topic! Be brave! Let's discuss your vision - "crisp, clear, understandable and mathematically sound". All the more so, no one has shown such a thing here yet.

3. If there is no statistics - "There isas much of a flat on the market as there is a trend, i.e. the total distance that price travels in a flat is equal to the total distance that price travels in trends over a long period of history" will be taken as a joke.

You've already been told twice and you're still going on at .....

1- 1. A normal price condition is neither a flat nor a trend. Any price condition is normal - trend and flat, whatever they are.

2- If I give clear, concise and understandable definitions of trends and flotsam in this forum, then _ you know what will start, for many, many pages. Because everyone has a different vision. And behind these visions are months and even years of hard work (I will not hesitate to use this phrase).
3. There will be no calculations or statistics. Behind them are months of work by other traders. Give definitions and you will see for yourself.

Freud:

Then there are no flutes at all, but only multiple trends at different sampling frequencies, you can sum up the trends and probably in some cases the overlap of trends (or sum) can result in something. the same flute is the sum of trends that are opposite in sign.

Jos, you keep trying to describe price with some kind of equation - a bunch of Fourier sinusoids or straight line equations. There are no simple equations that can describe its behaviour in such a way that these equations can be used for forecasting. One can dig endlessly into all sorts of abstruse Fellers/Shiryaevs/Kolmogorovs.

But we must admit that real mathematics does not give answers to those questions that traders face. Roughly the same way that real physics cannot create a gravity engine. Trying to create a grail system is akin to a man trying to pull himself out of a swamp with a horse by pulling his hair. Or akin to a perpetual motion machine.

DmitriyN:

Jos, you keep trying to describe price by some equation - a bunch of Fourier sinusoids, then straight line equations. There are no simple equations that can describe its behaviour in such a way that these equations can be used for forecasting. It is possible to dig endlessly into all sorts of abstruse Fellers/Shiryaevs/Kolmogorovs.

But we must admit that real mathematics does not give answers to those questions that traders face. Roughly the same way that real physics cannot create a gravity engine. Trying to create a grail system is akin to a man trying to pull himself out of a swamp with a horse by pulling his hair. Or akin to a perpetual motion machine.

I will not ask about the proofs - I have already understood that there are "months of hard work".

what to do, professional trader? what to use - "fake" maths, geometry, botany, linguistics? where to go?

Demi:

1. if all prices in the market are normal, then what is an abnormal price state?

2. don't be afraid, even if it starts, the main thing is that it's on topic! Be brave! Let's discuss your vision - "crisp, clear, understandable and mathematically sound". All the more so, no one has yet shown such a thing here.

3. If there is no statistics - "There isas much of a flat on the market as there is a trend, i.e. the total distance that price goes in a flat is equal to the total distance that price goes in trends over a long period of history" we will take it as a joke.

1. If you are talking about piping, I can tell you - a strong divergence of price value from the average. You can create a system based on this principle. In the tester, it will be a grail, but once you run it on a real account, you will lose your deposit.
If we are not talking about scalping, but about normal systems, you should forget about abnormality. Any price value should be accepted as normal.
2. I am not afraid, but I do not want to participate in arguments. I don't need it.
3. If one of the most important laws of price movement is a joke to you, then _, what can you do. The world will agree with you.

Was it your birthday recently?

DmitriyN:

1. If you are talking about pips, then I can tell you - a strong divergence of price value from the average. You can build a system on this principle. In the tester, it will be a grail, but once you run it on a real account, you will lose your deposit.
If we are not talking about scalping, but about normal systems, you should forget about abnormality. Any price value should be accepted as normal.
2. I am not afraid, but I do not want to participate in arguments. I do not need it.
3 If one of the most important laws of price movements is a joke to you, then _, what can you do. The world will agree with you.

Was it your birthday recently?

"If it's not about pipsqueak, but about normal systems, then you should forget about abnormality. Any price value should be seen as normal. " Good one! I couldn't do that.

2. OK, give us definitions and don't get involved in the argument - we'll argue it ourselves without you. Just "clear, concise, understandable and mathematically sound"!

Demi:
what to do, professional trader? what to use - "fake" maths, geometry, botany, linguistics? where to go?
Not botany or linguistics :)
Mathematics, of course, but their own, based on fundamental mathematics and focused on trading. Have you seen such textbooks? No. And you won't. Because there are none.
What the hell kind of a trader is Andrei Kolmogorov? That's absurd. God rest his soul at Novodevichy Cemetery.

ivandurak:

Let's start by defining a flat, for example this. On a chart, look for sections of length at least N bars and no more than M bars, for which the angle of linear regression is at most (let it be as long as it is degrees). Therefore transition between flat areas will be a trend.

Thus, the task is reduced to identifying the moment of transition from one flat to another, like the catastrophe theory describes exactly that if we believe Wikipedia.

A flat is a return to the average, for example. But it is practically useless to determine post factum where there is a trend and where there is a flat, if it is not assumed that this state will last some time after identification. Or another way is to know when a particular market condition is most likely to occur (before the actual identification)

DmitriyN:
But not in botany and linguistics :)
Mathematics, of course, but its own, based on fundamental mathematics and focused on trading. Have you seen such textbooks? No. And you won't. Because there are none.
What the hell kind of a trader is Andrei Kolmogorov? That's absurd. May he rest in heaven in Novodevichy Cemetery.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'M SORRY, BUT YOU'RE REALLY CUTE!!!!!!!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Tell me one thing, and in your maths, based on fundamental mathematics and focused on trading 2 +2 = what?

P.S. Andrey Nikolaevich has turned over in his grave...... While alive, he hoped that he would remain in the memory of descendants as a great trader.....

Reason: