[ARCHIVE] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 14: April 2012) - page 64

The only thing missing is an intervention by the SCB...

;)

That's right, I almost forgot... they were just the other day threatening an intervention

The Swiss National Bank has had no problems in maintaining the EUR/CHF threshold for more than half a year. Difficulties appeared when the euro broke the floor last Thursday due to a surge in demand for the franc and the SNB had to intervene by buying around EUR 1 billion, according to analysts' estimates.

Swiss monetary authorities repeated their promise to contain the strengthening of the franc by preventing EUR/CHF from falling below the level mentioned above, but did not take any new steps in that direction.

Meanwhile, the crux of the problem is that there are banks that trade EUR/CHF, on whose trades the SNB cannot monitor and therefore react to an increase in shorts on the pair in time. This is because no credit lines have been established between these banks and the SNB. If such lines had been established with all dealers in the EBS platform, the SNB would have been able to prevent EUR/CHF falling below 1.20.

However, the SNB already receives information from over 100 banks with more than 700 trading desks, and it would be very difficult to capture the movement of funds on every EBS trading account all the time. So, even if the CBN tried to fix the gap in the information it receives, there is a good chance that it wouldn't work.

For now, the fact is that it has been a week since April 5, but the threshold has not yet been breached again. This shows that the market still believes in the strength of the SNB. At the same time, with the passive stance taken by the Swiss leadership, new attempts by the bulls on the franc to test the central bank's resolve are inevitable. Therefore, the EUR/CHF pair is likely to continue to trade around the critical mark in the near future and possibly pierce the threshold occasionally for a very short time.

margaret:

The Swiss National Bank has had no problems in maintaining the EUR/CHF threshold for more than half a year. Difficulties appeared when the euro broke the floor last Thursday due to a surge in demand for the franc and the SNB had to intervene by buying around EUR 1 billion, according to analysts' estimates.

Swiss monetary authorities repeated their promise to contain the strengthening of the franc by preventing EUR/CHF from falling below the level mentioned above, but did not take any new steps in that direction.

Meanwhile, the crux of the problem is that there are banks that trade EUR/CHF, on whose trades the SNB cannot monitor and therefore react to an increase in shorts on the pair in time. This is because no credit lines have been established between these banks and the SNB. If such lines had been established with all dealers in the EBS platform, the SNB would have been able to prevent EUR/CHF falling below 1.20.

However, the SNB already receives information from over 100 banks with more than 700 trading desks, and it would be very difficult to capture the movement of funds on every EBS trading account all the time. So, even if the CBN tried to fix the gap in the information it receives, there is a good chance that it wouldn't work.

For now, the fact is that it has been a week since April 5, but the threshold has not yet been breached again. This shows that the market still believes in the strength of the SNB. At the same time, with the passive stance taken by the Swiss leadership, new attempts by the bulls on the franc to test the central bank's resolve are inevitable. Therefore, the EUR/CHF pair is likely to continue to trade around the critical mark in the near future and possibly pierce the threshold occasionally for a very short time.

Oh, I think everyone who has been banned from the eucharist is going down... Well, there is no way that everyone will be allowed to make money. And according to statistics about 95% of traders are in the bay

Vizard:

they say leonardo painted her in his own image... watch out ))))

Keep it simple and succinct: Margot.... and give it to her.... )))

margaret:
I am aware of this, so waiting for the close of the day to make a decision.... By the way, all the analysts are screaming that May will be 1.25
Judging by the shouting from the analysts, there will only be an increase...

MobileMan:
Download the Insta terminal, open a demo account and see what the order numbers are. I don't want to prove anything. Download it and you will see. On the demo, they start with one.
My real one shows those numbers. I gave up on everything and decided to show it... But I removed the extra information :0))
Files:
zvyr.zip  13 kb

SEVER11:
My real shows these numbers. I gave up on everything and decided to show... but I removed the unnecessary information :0))
Sergey Valentinovich. First - you need to clean it better (about information), and second - you have a cent account (for triple accounts - cents). That's why on another server (cent) the order numbering is different. I used to sit on europe (dollar) where account numbers started with 5 (and there is a 5 digits), and now I have switched to hongcong and here the account number is one and orders start with 2. I just switched here because I needed to work with 4 characters because besides manual trades my owl is also working (small lots by pound) and it works incorrectly on 5 characters.

MobileMan:
Sergey Valentinovich. Firstly - you need to clean up better (about the information), and secondly - you have a cent account (for a triple account - cents). That's why on another server (cent) the order numbering is different. I used to sit on europe (dollar) where account numbers started with 5 (and there is a 5 digits), and now I have switched to hongcong and here the account number is one and orders start with 2. I just switched to 4 characters because I need to use 4 because besides manual trades my owl is also working (small lots by pound) and it is not working correctly on 5 characters.
ok, we'll take it for now... there is such a thing in this company. And on the highlighted here I really missed it in a hurry... ;0((

SEVER11:
My real shows these numbers. I gave up on everything and decided to show... but I took out the extra information :0))
If you guys could have a pissing match, that'd be more interesting...

forte928:
If you guys had a pissing contest it would be more interesting...
So we're not measuring anything, we're just discussing the technicalities of brokers
Reason: