Closing Orders in Strategy Tester when testing a Binary Options EA: how to?

Hi.

I'm a Binary Options EA developer, but I can't test them properly in MT4's Strategy Tester because of some problems when closing BO orders. I always get some kind of error like "tester cannot calculate prices".

The point here is that I suppose that MT4 is not a BO-oriented tool, and so what I've done is simulating a Forex order from a BO order. I mean: EA detects if in testing, and if so I close BO orders once the expiration time for the option arrives. I close this bo order with OrderClose, of course. I've tried to close orders with Ask price, Bid price and Close[0] price but nothing seems to work.

One more thing only: when testing BO EAs I'm trying to use the "xxxxxx.bo" instruments instead of regular "xxxxxx" instruments (xxxxxx=EURUSD, EURGBP, USDJPY, and so on). But if I use the regular instruments with this simulation everything works.

Any idea out there about how to do this?

Thank you so much!

Bruno 

That will not work you can't use OrderSend(), OrderClose() functions in the Strategy Tester with Binary Options instrument.

You need to completely simulate your trade within your EA.

zirkoner:

That will not work you can't use OrderSend(), OrderClose() functions in the Strategy Tester with Binary Options instrument.

You need to completely simulate your trade within your EA.

How do I learn how to program an EA (robot) that will work with Binary Options?   

What brokers allow it?   US Citizen friendly.

What programming language do you use?  Can I do it in MQL4 ?

I can find no answers on Google. 

I had the same problem. I added an expiry time into the EA for open orders.This allowed me to back test. It wasn't 100% accurate as back test can't have zero spread, but gives you an idea.
Reason: