start function not working!!!

I have coded the simplest of an EA, with just basic init, deinit and start functions sending an alert,,,however the start function is not getting executed whereas both the init and deinit are running good,,,,What could be the error??? Oh,, and by the way it compiles just right.

show the code please. Never heard of that problem.

zzuegg:
show the code please. Never heard of that problem.

int init ()

{ Alert("Function init() triggers");

return(0);

}

int deinit()

{Alert("Function deinit() triggers also.");

return(0);

}

int start()

{

Alert("function start() is working."

return(0);

}

There is a missing ')' and a missing ';' in the Alert statement in the start function. I cannot imagine that it would compile without error.

zzuegg:
There is a missing ')' and a missing ';' in the Alert statement in the start function. I cannot imagine that it would compile without error.

thats just my typo here,,, on the actual EA I have those included,,,,,it sends the inintializing alert upon loading and the deinitializing on exit,, but it never triggers the one within the start function,,,

int init ()

{ Alert("Function init() triggers");

return(0);

}

int deinit()

{Alert("Function deinit() triggers also.");

return(0);

}

int start()

{

Alert("function start() is working.");

return(0);

}
are you sure you have EA's enabled? Smiling face in the top right corner?

zzuegg:
are you sure you have EA's enabled? Smiling face in the top right corner?

yes i have smiling face on top right corner,,, the file even comes losted under the Expert Advisors tab at Navigator panel,,,, and the init and deinit alerts bell comes through fine,,,,,,,Unless there is anothe way to enable EA's,,,am with ibfx,,, they quote five decimal places,,, could that affect???,,, unless its taking forever to process start() function upon new tick,,,just lost on it

it's a live account or demo ?

qjol:

it's a live account or demo ?

live

ho, i see, in live account the broker have the ability to prevent EA from working so call your broker

I think its that you go straight to the deinit start Alert wont happen without a tick.

Reason: