[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 305

GarKain:
those cents are earned while the computer is idle right?

That's if you rent out your power (put it in the cloud).

If you're optimising on 1, 2 cores and connecting to cloud remote agents, those cents are spent...

Pour some dough into your account and go ahead - OPTITIZE!

Roman.:

This is if you are renting out your capacity (putting it out to the cloud).

If you're optimising on 1, 2 cores and connecting to cloud remote agents, those cents are spent...

Pour some dough into your account and go ahead - OPTITIZE!

and the results of the optimisation can be put on MT4?

GarKain:
and the optimisation results can be put on MT4?

No. The services are only for owls on MQL5. I first wrote - transfer the owl to FIVE... then opt in the cloud and that's it...

See my posts above - optimise the owl code, + approach optimisation intelligently, all this can be solved on four if owls are not from the "realm of fantasy"! :-)

i have a fantasy comp. if i don't want to work on mt5 the optimum results of the owl parameters (obtained on mt5) can i get into mt4?

GarKain:
i have a fantasy comp. if i don't want to work on mt5 the optimum results of the owl parameters (obtained on mt5) can i get into mt4?

Sure. But, you need to transfer the owl code from MQL4 to MQL5. Read the article to help.

Roman.:

Sure. BUT, in order to do that you need to transfer the owl code from MQL4 to MQL5. Read the article to help.
I understand what needs to be translated, thank you.

GarKain:

The optimality does not depend on the instrument. Go ahead and do it!

Please tell me why this creates extra blank elements in V_Sym array, when it's supposed to just write value in cell if it's empty, or if all are busy add 1 more and write it in.

string V_Sym[3]={""};
int init(){
test(Symbol());
test(Symbol());
return(0);
}
int deinit(){
int a_size=ArraySize(V_Sym);
int i=0;
for(i=0;i<a_size;i++){Print(V_Sym[i]);}
return(0);
}
int start(){return(0);}
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int test(string Sy=""){
int i,a_size;
a_size=ArraySize(V_Sym);
i=0;
for(i=0;i<a_size;i++)
{
if(V_Sym[i]!=""&&i==a_size-1)
{
ArrayResize(V_Sym,a_size+1);
V_Sym[i+1]=Sy;
}
if(V_Sym[i]==""){
V_Sym[i]=Sy;
break;
}
}
return(0);
}

The problem is that the value of empty cell is not equal to "". But I wonder what it is equal to then? Print outputs ""

Skydiver:

Please tell me why this creates extra empty elements in V_Sym array, while my idea is to just write value into cell if it's empty, or if all are busy add 1 more and write into it.

The problem turns out to be that the value of the empty element is not equal to "" when initialising the maskive. But I wonder what it's equal to? Print outputs ""

And tell me please, why do you zero a variable when you use this function? It's right here:

int test(string Sy=""){

Hi all, could you please advise how to make an EA give out only one action (buy/sell/signal/message etc) for 1 candle, i.e. if there is a buy signal, it will not close the buy on this candle, there should be some functions, so you do not have to reinvent the wheel yourself
Reason: