[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 283

chief2000:

Removed "for" and replaced "to" with "i" (it was like that before the experiments), but iMAOnArray still doesn't work:
- Why?

Because now it's all fucked up.

think before stomping on the keyboard

sergeev:

because now it's all fucked up.

think before you stomp on the keyboard

"What's there to think about, you have to shake it!"
The whole idea was to try to replace two for loops with one while.

chief2000:
"What's there to think about, you have to shake it!"
The whole idea was to try and replace the two for loops with one while.

Think about it: how can you replace something that by its nature cannot be replaced by a single loop?

Who knows about it... (I can google myself)

Is it relatively easy/not easy to transfer indics from MT4 to ninzi trader editor in the code?

I have no idea what to do with them.

sergeev:
think about it, how can you replace with a single cycle something that by its very nature is not replaceable.
I will decipher for ordinary people :))
The first cycle fills the data array, and the second cycle processes the array formed using the iMAOnArray function.
It will not work in one loop, because iMAOnArray works only with a pre-prepared array.

granit77:
I will decipher for ordinary people :))
The first loop fills the data array, and the second loop processes the generated array using the iMAOnArray function.
It won't work in one loop, because iMAOnArray only works with a pre-prepared array.
This topic by itself is not relevant to me anymore since this "problematic" moment is over and everything works.
But there are some questions related to it (as applied to the code on the previous page).

In general the MacdBuffer array is filled at the beginning and then, with the arrival of a new bar,
recalculates the array items taking into account the last new bar.
- Does the array get zeroed at some point, or is it always "full"?

This is the second time I've tried to take up MQL5 and every time I've been confronted with how inconvenient the language has become - they have overcomplicated what was simple. Querying Period() function alone... This makes me sad. How long do you think MT4 terminals will stay in brokerage companies before MT5 will push them out of circulation? The reason is that there is nothing but the desire to use the "convenience" of MQL5, when studying this "masterpiece".

drknn:

This is the third time I've tried to use MQL5 and every time I've faced the fact that the language has become so inconvenient - they have overcomplicated what was once simple.

This is the third time when programming in MQL5, I'm confronted with how convenient and professional the language has become. I catch myself thinking that I'm just enjoying programming in it. Everything has become simple to the extreme.

Querying Period() function alone... It makes me sad. How do you think, how long will MT4 terminals work in brokerage companies before MT5 will not push them out of circulation? I think they will do everything but wish to use the "convenience" of MQL5, when studying this "masterpiece".

The fact that some people call the Period () function causes the sweat of a pregnant woman makes me sad.

There's no reason at all to study a language the antipathy to which is in the DNA level.

drknn:
I tried to use MQL5 for the umpteenth time, and every time I got confronted with how inconvenient the language has become - it has overcomplicated what was simple. Querying Period() function alone... This makes me sad. How long do you think MT4 terminals will stay in brokerage companies before MT5 will push them out of circulation? The reason is that there is nothing but the desire to use the "convenience" of MQL5, when studying this "masterpiece".

Yes... I thought you weren't at the top of the food chain after all... :-)

You may want to try it yourself, it will pay off - it's a real buzz... :-) I'm still in the process of learning it myself...

How many years is it? MT4 - won't be long now. Expect everyone to be transferred to Pyatra by order.

drknn:
This is the second time I've tried to take up MQL5 and every time I've been confronted with how inconvenient the language has become - they have overcomplicated what was simple. Querying Period() function alone... This makes me sad. How long do you think MT4 terminals will stay in brokerage companies before MT5 will push them out of circulation? The reason is that there is nothing but the desire to use the "convenience" of MQL5, when studying this "masterpiece".
The market is highly dependent on the current state of our Forex market.
Reason: