[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 244

paladin80:
Maybe I must have got it wrong. Once again I carefully read about OrderSend and errors. Perhaps, the thing is that if the broker accepted the order, it returns the ticket's number and GetLastError of this operation will show 0. If it didn't accept, it will show -1 and GetLasError will show the error number greater than zero.

Now you're getting it right... Because I'm a bit confused by your answer! :)))

But my question still stands. Can OrderSend() return "0" or a value less than "-1"?

I asked to send a log-file... But they won't send it to me. I would have figured out what the problem was long ago. In the meantime I continued to telepathize! ;))) But what if OrderSend() function is strange? :DD

MaxZ:

Now you're getting it right... Because I'm a bit confused by your answer! :)))

But my question still stands. Can OrderSend() return "0" or a value less than "-1"?

I asked to send a log-file... But they won't send it to me. I would have figured out what the problem was long ago. In the meantime I continued to telepathize! ;))) But what if OrderSend() function is strange? :DD

From the explanation of OrderSend, the function can return either the ticket number (zero or nothing) or -1 (nothing less).

Praktikantrop:

Dear All

I am new to forex and am new to Forex, I would like to ask some advice from the local gurus.

I am working with MT4 terminal.

When working with a chart for a currency pair it's convenient to switch the scale: "М1", "М5", .....

So, on M1 it displays the history for the last 38 hours as about 2000 candlesticks, while on M5 it is 270 hours but also about 2000 candlesticks.

In the first case the timeframe for a candle will be 60s, and in the second case it will be 470s. Can we pull the history for 270 hours (or more) with 60sec candlesticks?

Thank you in advance

The MT4 server stores no more than 60000 bars. If less, this is how the broker set it up.

Download what the broker gives you with this script.

Gentlemen! Please help me find or write an EA or script that would place a pending buy order on a High level + spread of a closed candle, and a stop loss on a spread below the candle, if the current candle closes above the level specified by the trader. And vice versa, respectively....

paladin80:
From the explanation of OrderSend it follows that the function can return either the ticket number (zero or nothing) or -1 (nothing less).
In theory it is so... Hopefully and in practice. Looking for a problem, but can not find it. So all sorts of nonsense pops into my head. Again! :DD

can someone tell me the font size of the text label(ObjectSetText) is specified in points. and is it possible to attach these items to Finin-tool items?

in fact, the size of text label does not change visually when zooming in a window or subwindow; at that, of course, the value of tool price corresponding to the bottom edge of the text label changes

kov:

can someone tell me the font size of the text label(ObjectSetText) is specified in points. QUESTION-items of what?

In typographical points. = 1/72 inch.

sergeev:
In typographical points. = 1/72".

so is there a solution for calculating the Fininstrument value for the bottom edge of the text label?

or the typographic ones can be converted to Fininstrument points?

In any case, to draw the text mark correctly you need to know the fitting tool value for the lower edge of the text mark. the problem is not if you draw the mark BELOW a certain level. the problem is when you draw the mark BELOW a certain level.

Hi all, could you please tell me the algorithm for calculating the profit and loss when a stop or take order is triggered? In general, I need to know how much I will earn or lose in the currency of the deposit or in the currency of the order when a stop or take order is triggered?

Good afternoon. I have solved the issue of passing data from the indicator through the buffer to the Expert Advisor somehow, with crunch. But again I have a problem, the passed value comes with a delay of several bars ((.
In the indicator, from the place where I pass the flag to the buff (0,1,-1) I build trend lines in the indicator using these values. In the indicator everything is rendered as it should be, but the same calculations in the Expert Advisor draw the levels with a delay of several bars.
What may be the problem? Ask me a vector please.
Reason: