[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 109

I am looking for some advice from the collective intelligence. I put the Expert Advisor on demo and tweaked its code a bit. (1) In order to replace it in MT4, can I just suspend its action (without closing MT4), replace it with a new one in .../experts/ folder (with the same name), and then allow trading in the upper panel of MT4? (2) Or should I close MT4 and move the EA to .../experts/ as usual and drag it to the chart?

paladin80:
I am looking for some advice from the collective intelligence. I put the Expert Advisor on demo and tweaked its code a bit. (1) In order to replace it in MT4, can I just suspend its action (without closing MT4), replace it with a new one in .../experts/ folder (with the same name), and then allow trading in the top panel of MT4 again? (2) Or should I close MT4 and transfer the EA to .../experts/ as usual and drag it to the chart?

When EA is running on chart, only its recompiling there leads to automatic unloading and loading it again on chart. And with default parameters.

Otherwise the EA sits in memory and even deleting its ex4 file will not lead to its removal from the chart.

Good afternoon.

Is there any way to change indicator_minimum and indicator_maximum properties whenever you want, instead of setting them to constant once to the preprocessor? I haven't found anything useful in the docs.

Solree:

Good afternoon.

Is there any way to change indicator_minimum and indicator_maximum properties whenever you want instead of setting them to constant once to the preprocessor? I haven't found anything useful in the docs.

In the indicator settings, "common" tab. You can't do it with MQL software.

alsu:
In the indicator settings, "general" tab. You cannot use MQL software.
That's a pity... Thank you for your reply.

alsu:
In the indicator settings, "general" tab. You cannot use MQL software.
You can. Only in a wrong way. Through the additional buffer. True, it will be impossible to set the minimum value less than the operating one.

Zhunko:
You can. Only crooked. Use an additional buffer. However, it will not be possible to set the minimum less than the working minimum.
And you can't set the maximum above the preset one either))

alsu:
And you can't go higher than the pre-set maximum either)).

Zhunko:
Yes, you can. Only distorted. Through additional buffer. However, it will be impossible to set the minimum less than the working minimum.

Why? If everything is internally and programmatically controlled, then change and control it as you like.

You can cut the values to EMPTY, or you can widen the buffers.

sergeev:

why? if it's all internal and programmatically controlled, then change and control it as you like.

You want to cut the values to EMPTY, or vice versa, widen the buffers.

Answered for the buffer.

I have one buffer that is responsible for the vertical sweep. I output the lines with graphical objects. That's why everything is scaled as it should be in both directions.

Can you go into a little more detail about this? A piece of code with this, if you don't mind :)
Reason: