[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 116

jelizavettka:

Sometimes you really want to call another custom indicator from a custom indicator. - does not work((.

How do I get around it? Would it be better to turn the second indicator into a function? Is there any other way?

iCustom() is not called?

PapaYozh:

iCustom() is not called?
Nope. Dead. Called from anywhere but the custom indicator. So I thought there was a limitation of the terminal to call the PI from the PI. It doesn't give an error, but it doesn't count at all... There is no problem with calling technical indicators from the PI

Please, advise, now there is a drawdown on the pound dollar, my Expert Advisor has opened 11 orders, in Expert Advisors during an hour writes pound dollar ERROR 0 every 5 minutes, take profit is set, should open new counter orders, but it does not open. What to do with this error? Thanks in advance!

upishnik:

Please, advise, now there is a drawdown on the pound dollar, my Expert Advisor has opened 11 orders, in Expert Advisors during an hour writes pound dollar ERROR 0 every 5 minutes, take profit is set, should open new counter orders, but it does not open. What to do with this error? Thanks in advance!

error 0 - it means you are investigating the error code somewhere and there is nothing wrong with it.

Without further details and code - only to telepaths

jelizavettka:
Nope. Dead. Called from anywhere but the user indicator. So I thought there was a limitation of the terminal to call the PI from the PI. It doesn't give an error, but it doesn't count at all... There is no problem with calling technical indicators from PI

Show the line where iCustom() is called

PapaYozh:

Show the line where iCustom() is called
Oops, checked it again - it's working, sorry. It's me who was a bit dumb with the code) - I was wrong. thanks.

jelizavettka:
... So I thought there was a limitation of the terminal to call PI from PI. It doesn't give an error, but it doesn't count at all... There is no problem with calling technical indicators from the PI
Try not to call a PI from a PI, but include one PI in another PI, so to speak - to combine them constructively... Why not!?

Roman.:
Try not calling a PI from a PI, but include one PI in another PI, so to speak - constructively combine... Why not!?
Nah, the call works, thank goodness... I just confused "1" with "I" in one place (Index of a retrieved value) - because of my inattention... ...things will be much easier now)

jelizavettka:
No, the call works, thank God... I just confused the "1" with the "I" in one place because I was inattentive... ...it'll be a lot easier now)

HELLO! :-)

Roman.:

HAPPY! :-)

HOORAY!

Cheers!

Reason: