[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 78

alsu:
Well, we solved it in the abstract, but what is the practical problem, what do dots and circles mean when applied to forex?

This picture was posted by lotos_7 and it gave me some food for thought.

Elenn:
I think so:

This is wrong. The optimal solution is a circle with an infinite radius and an infinite centre, passing through points. And there are two solutions, which are equivalent.

Mathemat:

The moduli will disappear, but the roots are unlikely...

Roots no way, only by changing the optimization problem.

The radius of the circle is fixed in advance, Andrei.

In general, the problem does not look like a nice and smooth one, which is solved by standard reasoning from analytical geometry.

Mathemat:

The radius of the circle is fixed in advance, Andrei.

Then yes. And even so, the solution in the figure is sub-optimal, I give you 95%. There will be a couple of optimal solutions, and they will be a slightly shifted circle away from the straight line. The larger the radius, the greater the offset.

One more thing. Circles on graphs are idiocy, imho.

ZS: It's been a long 24 hours. Admit it, who doesn't like me.

XLab: One more thing. The circles on the charts are idiocy, imho.
Well, that's a matter of opinion. For lotos, it's obviously not stupid. The main thing is to draw an ellipse, which resembles a circle and insist on the need for a circle. And the signals will be found...

Elenn:

This picture was posted by lotos_7 and it gave me food for thought.

And if you zoom in on the time axis, should the circles stretch/shrink into ellipses?

XLab: ZS: It's been a long 24 hours. You have to admit who doesn't like me.

I don't understand it myself, we'll look into it. I wrote.

P.S. Unbanned!

I want an EA to open an order in the opposite direction after T/P. I would like to open 1 order and this order should not interfere with the opening of other (possible) similar orders. I do not know how to do it?

Or, how to make a "blind" opener which will open 1 order without paying attention to already open orders?

Guys, could you please tell me the code so that some action is taken after a change by some number of points in some time.

Example. Open buy if price has changed by 20 pips in 10 minutes.

Dear Professionals!

Please advise the most correct and fastest method to calculate the overlap of two neighbouring candlesticks.

I suspect the indicators for this have been written for a long time and they are lying here in the database, but I can't find them.

Reason: