[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 444

erikdrug писал(а) >>

Sorry for the intrusion, you have already helped me with the definition of the NonLagDOT indicator input parameters and output them through the iCustom() function to the Expert Advisor.

Please advise how to correctly write commands to open orders for this indicator.

Commands to open orders do not apply to the indicator. If you have tried to trade with this indicator, you already have an idea of when to open and in which direction.

If they are equal in absolute value (AND THEY ARE EQUAL) then can we write it like this?

if ((MACD[i]-N)*(MACD[i+1]-N)<0)
         ((MACD[i]+N)*(MACD[i+1]+N)>0){

where N is the absolute value of the level.

igrok2008 писал(а) >>

If they are equal in absolute value (AND THEY ARE EQUAL) then can we write it like this?

where N is the absolute value of the level.

if ((MACD[i]-N)*(MACD[i+1]-N)<0) || ((MACD[i]+N)*(MACD[i+1]+N)<0){

The logical operation is forgotten. And in both cases it must be less than zero.

Vinin >>:

Логическую операцию забыл. И в обоих случаях должно быть меньше нуля

This needs a lot of thought and consideration........ BUT ALWAYS THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Vinin >>:

Скрипт создает файл в папке experts\files. Имя файла формируется из символа и текущего таймфрейма.

Сохраняет в файл время, цену закрытия бара и значения заданной машки

Good day everyone!!!

Vinin thanks for the help!!! a little more tips for dummies - how to work with this script? should it be placed in a certain folder? how to run it (or if there is a link to instructions for dummies - do not consider it a challenge to point your finger at this link - would be even more appreciated) and what is a given mask? - just everything is new to me ....

SergeyD писал(а) >>

Good day everyone!!!

Vinin thanks for the help!!! a little more tips for dummies - how to work with this script? should it be placed in a certain folder? how to run it (or if there is a link to instructions for dummies - do not consider it a challenge to point your finger at this link - would be even more appreciated) and what is a given mask? - just everything is new to me ....

put it in the \scripts folder and look in the documentation how to run the scripts

Vinin >>:

Положить в папку \scripts и посмотреть в документации как запускать скрипты

Goood - off to read

People, please tell me how OrderCloseBy function works. I've read about it here on the forum and still don't understand it. Let's say there is an open position, what does this function do next?

Forrim писал(а) >>

People, please tell me how OrderCloseBy function works. I've read about it here on the forum and still don't understand it. Let's say there is an open position, what does this function do?

I haven't used this function, but its description shows that it just closes 2 orders opened in the opposite direction at once.

Greetings! just starting to learn mQl, so don't judge... a simple check... if price closes above a moving average with a specified period, then we should place a buy order at the high of the candle, if lower, then at the low... (but only on the last formed candle...)

Just to let you know, there is an error... correct please...

int period_ma=21;//period of moving average
double ma,PC;//variable ma to store values of moving average PC to store the close price of the formed bar
int i;
int start()
{
ma=iMA(NULL,0,period_ma,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i); //calculate value of moving average
PC=iClose(NULL,0,i); //calculate close price value
if PC[1]>ma[1] //if the close price of the formed bar is higher than the value of Moving Average, then
OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,1,PRICE_HIGH,3,PRICE_LOW); //place buy order on maximum
//created candle with stop on minimum of formed candle
else
OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,1,PRICE_LOW,3,PRICE_HIGH); // if condition is not fulfilled set sell order
}
//----

//----
return(0);
}
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

Reason: