[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 17

markich:
can you be more specific about what to delete and where?
IN MT4 F2. Find the tool in the tool list, find the TF in the TF list, find the junk bars in the bar list, select them with the left mouse button and delete them with the "Delete" button.

Can you give me a hint?

maybe there is an EA which would

If a Sell order is closed with SL, the EA would place a pending Sell order with a bigger lot and automatically set TP and SL.

Besides, we should set the pending order at the opening price of the previous one or, let us say, by the value of SL.

Let me try to briefly describe what I am going to do:

I open a Sell order and set TP and SL,

then, if the SL is triggered, let the EA place a pending Sell order at the same place where the first one was ( I want to use a slope)

but with a bigger lot in order to close with profit (well, if the price reverses).

I hope I got the point across....

Thanks in advance.

This is the place for you :Work

N-Drey:

Can you give me a hint?

maybe there is an EA which would

If a Sell order is closed with SL, the EA would place a pending Sell order with a bigger lot and automatically set TP and SL.

Besides, we should set the pending order at the opening price of the previous one or, let us say, by the value of SL.

Let me try to briefly describe what I am going to do:

I open a Sell order and set TP and SL,

then, if the SL is triggered, let the EA place a pending Sell order at the same place where the first one was ( I want to use a slope)

but with a bigger lot in order to close with profit(well, if the price reverses).

I hope I got the point across....

Thanks in advance.

And if it doesn't, it will all go up in smoke... 8(

Please guide me to the right path. Lot jumps from extreme to extreme, rarely stays between Lot2 and Lot3

extern double Lot1=0.01;
extern double Lot2=0.02;
extern double Lot3=0.03;
extern double Lot4=0.04;
double Lot ;

void LotsSize()
{
double X=1;

if(Lot==0) {Lot = Lot1 ; }

if((OrderProfit() > 0) && (Lot==Lot1) && X==1 ) {Lot = Lot1 ; X=2 ; }
if((OrderProfit() < 0) && (Lot==Lot1) && X==1 ) {Lot = Lot2 ; X=2 ; }

if((OrderProfit() > 0) && (Lot==Lot2) && X==1 ) {Lot = Lot1 ; X=2;}
if((OrderProfit() < 0) && (Lot==Lot2) && X==1 ) {Lot = Lot3 ; X=2 ; }

if((OrderProfit() > 0) && (Lot==Lot3) && X==1 ) {Lot = Lot2 ; X=2;}
if((OrderProfit() < 0) && (Lot==Lot3) && X==1 ) {Lot = Lot4 ; X=2;}

if((OrderProfit() > 0) && (Lot==Lot4) && X==1 ) {Lot = Lot3 ; X=2;}
if((OrderProfit() < 0) && (Lot==Lot4) && X==1 ) {Lot = Lot4 ; X=2;}

Lots=Lot;

if (X==2){X=1;}
}

Stepan1988: Please direct me in the right direction. Lot jumps from extreme to extreme rarely stays between Lot2 and Lot3

if the path is pointed to, then at least:

- I do not see OrderSelect() in the code

- I do not understand anything about the variable double X=1; it is defined locally, if you want to analyze its previous values, then static double X=1; or easier to describe it on a global level

- Wouldn't it be easier to use a premade code and analyze it? A search through the forum for "martingale" or "increasing lot" should find a ready-made solution

IgorM:

if the direction to the path is at least:

- I do not see OrderSelect() in the code

- I do not understand anything about the variable double X=1; it is defined locally, if you want to analyze its previous values, then static double X=1; or easier to describe it on a global level

- Would not it be easier to take a ready-made code and analyze it? A search through the forum for "martingale" or "increasing lot" should find a ready-made solution

Thank you for your guidance. Tried it. I did. Again. by order by profit by balance. The transaction scrolls many times in a row as a result of which it does not work correctly. no problems with 2 lots.

artmedia70:
And if it doesn't, it will all go up in smoke... 8(

If it doesn't turn around, there's nothing more to lose once the stop is triggered

r772ra:

This stage has already been passed. The Expert Advisor is more accurate and faster by the set parameters.

Yesterday I ran the Expert Advisor. I have messed with Print and was horrified by HUGE mistakes. I have started trading after many corrections.

I have improved it now. Thank you all for the advices.

I have questions about the MT4 tester when using the API.

1.WinAPI functions in MT4 tester work at all?

2.How do I determine the "handle" of a window by name(=text)?

3.Why does spy++ utility when looking for "Handle", and "WindowHandle (Symbol(), Period())" return different values?

Answer who knows what...I want to learn how to stop and start a tester programmatically.

Reason: