MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 77

SProgrammer:

As for the "problem" of trading several Expert Advisors and a human being on a single symbol, IMHO, it is certainly not an improvement. It is in fact a problem. We have to make a grouping of orders with an option of defining a section or a filter, say, using some kind of a group identifier.

//---

I have not looked through MT5 for a long time but the trading system is not convenient. I will try to analyze it and fill it with a file. If you want to place pending orders on an chart, use a mouse to create them, copy pending orders with a mouse, delete orders on a chart and use group operations with orders. This is not what we have.

//---

We have to modify the interface to make it look professional. The current interface is from the 90s.

Realisable by software.

//---

Implemented as standard features of the terminal.

//---

Pretty easy to implement programmatically.

//---

Sounds like you really haven't used MT5 in a long time or at all. ))))

IgorM:

in general, yes, but the specific problem is the inability to work in mql5 with multidimensional dynamic arrays - it's very hard to port ready-made C code

Hmm, have you really tried to work out the trading operations, or are you just just what people around you are saying?

How hard is it to write such a piece of code to open a position?

Maybe I'm too rude, but you're just a chatterbox , next time you write, for example, that in mql5 it's more difficult to create custom indicators - that would be like the truth.

There is nothing complicated about indices, I could even tell you one thing (but I won't) which is not described in documentation. It allows accelerating the calculation of indicators by several times, if not by an order of magnitude. And consequently, the speed of runs in the tester and not only.

So it seems to each his own. But my opinion of the system as a whole is still negative.

tol64:

Realisable by software.

//---

Implemented as standard features of the terminal.

//---

Quite simply implemented programmatically.

//---

Sounds like you really haven't used MT5 for a long time or not used it at all. ))))

I'm just amazed - :)

You explain it this way and that - but anyway, you will find some weirdo who says - "Well, it is implemented programmatically". Woah, you hear me - You don't need a potentiality, you need to have it already implemented. I'm afraid that once again I will not understand - it is not enough that it is software-implemented, almost everything is software-implemented and you need to have it already in the basic version. :)

"Implemented as standard means" :) What's realised is THAT small. :) IT'S NOT ENOUGH.

I have seen MT5, and you need to understand that there are people who know and know how to do more than you and have achieved a lot. You don't have to give them your opinion (it looks stupid). It's like the janitor in my yard saying everybody's a fool. :)

SProgrammer:

... THAT'S A LOT. :) NOT ENOUGH ...

Then wait another eight years or do it yourself. Don't shout like that, or you'll look like a janitor. )))

SProgrammer:

I'm just amazed - :)

don't waste your nerve. all they love here is love :))))

Rinat only reacted when he was poured a blessing in disguise.

--------------------------------------

Renat 19.03.2012 21:50
MetaDriver:

...good for mental health - humility before reality builds up and gratitude for the work done by others.

Golden words.

Rinat was not lazy to boldface what he considers "gold" (it is worth underlining the words "humility" and "gratitude"). - That's what he wants to hear.

And he's got his eyes closed on this one.

VOLDEMAR 19.03.2012 13:02.

IMHO: years of sodebase and championships has objectively proven that there is no fully automated system and it's impossible to create it. this is a fact. but if so, the developers would better focuson usability of the terminal for a human working behind it and make balls for humans instead of GPU

These words should be in the ears of the developers .........

although there is an underlined idea here too, but it does not warm him up as much as the first one ;)

tol64:
Then wait another eight years or do it yourself. But don't shout like that or you'll look like a janitor. )))

Pfft... Look, I wrote, I was wasting my time. You didn't even read it - I don't USE it and I don't plan to. So I don't have to wait. Even more than that, I already have everything of my own, and I'm only yelling at you for responding without linking to what I wrote. :)

I think that the interface implemented in MT5 is some kind of dinosaurs. :) You see, it's like someone will suddenly offer me a super new system in the form of MS-DOS 3.12 :)

What's the reason for this lag? Most likely, someone was lazy and when the task was set did not take the time to look at how it is done now.

I periodically imbibe a desire for novelty and go to see Saxo Trader. And I tear it down again and again, hardly trying to resist the urge to go and throw rotten tomatoes at the idiots who made it. :)) The only problem is that neither the developers nor the owners are traders themselves, and they do not want to hire me to tell them what interface they need :) that's the reason.

I used to design a commercial "operative day" in the 90s. I used to transfer my experience from Norton to it. I couldn't understand what makes me mad about banking - it's all so convenient. :))

We could be silent and then only MQL5 without the terminal would come out or the terminal would come out without legs and arms... The multi-faceted criticism and statements about the terminal as a whole should make it better ..... I don't think so, but I'm sure it will be good for them. It's a pity the developers have not heard ... I don't have any elementary things in mt5, maybe I'm blind, but I've looked through the terminal to upload quotes for other software and haven't found anything, maybe there is something to hide ????. I still do not understand who the terminal is for, programmers or traders, I would not believe that there are professional traders - programmers are like a professional surgeon or a professional tractor driver ..... You are either a cook or a tractor driver. The work of a trader is no less complicated than that of a surgeon and you cannot profitably trade and program at the same time....

SProgrammer:

Pfft... Look here, I wrote, I was wasting my time. You didn't even read it - I DO NOT USE or plan to. So I don't need to wait. Even more than that, I already have everything of my own, and I'm only yelling at you for responding without linking to what I wrote. :)

That's no reason for you to yell. Save your neurons. You're "yelling" at the letters on the monitor screen. Look around you. After all, there is no one around who you are yelling at. )) Move on. Keep on expressing your wishes about what you want to see on MT5/6/7... In any case, the developers will out of this barrage of feedback from the community choose what they think is more relevant at the moment, based on their statistics, market research and experience. It's just a shame it's not done as quickly as we'd like, but that's ok. Such is life. ))

VOLDEMAR:
We could stay silent and then only MQL5 without the terminal or the terminal would come out without legs and arms ... Versatile criticism and statements about the whole terminal as a whole should make it better .... I don't think so, but I'm sure it will be good for them. It's a pity the developers have not heard ... I don't have any elementary things in mt5, maybe I'm blind, but I've looked through the terminal to upload quotes for other software and haven't found anything, maybe there is something to hide????. I still do not understand who the terminal is for, programmers or traders, I would not believe that there are professional traders - programmers are like a professional surgeon or a professional tractor driver ..... You are either a cook or a tractor driver. The work of a trader is no less complicated than that of a surgeon and you cannot profitably trade and program at the same time....

I'll answer just in case. )) Press File => Save in the main menu or Ctrl + S. And you will be able to save the quotes of the current chart in *.csv format.

//---

You can first program what you need for trading and then trade. And if there is a possibility to pay a programmer, then why not. But I, for example, have decided to study programming, so that I could correct/add something by myself at any time. It's easier for me. But we are all different damn it. )))

VOLDEMAR: I do not believe that there are professional traders, programmers are like a professional surgeon or a professional tractor driver ...... You are either a cook or a tractor driver. The work of a trader is no less complicated than that of a surgeon and you cannot profitably trade and program at the same time....

Why at the same time? First you check it by hand, then you start working with TS code, or vice versa :)

Googling: Algorithmic Trader or Algorithmic Trader, or search for vacancies here http://www.quantfinancejobs.com/. I can assure you that I have never met a trader with a ruler and a millimeter, calculating corners according to Gann in vacancies, but programmers who are ready to trade at the stock exchange are sought ;)

SZZY: I have a feeling that if a person has mastered programming, he will breakthrough when reaching this goal - programming is easy, if only one had the desire, but it is stupid to elevate his laziness and unwillingness to learn to become a great achievement. I have life several times met doctors who were no worse than programmers to fix macros in Excel, when I asked them about programming, they answered, "What's so hard?

Reason: