MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 68

yosuf:
Who can clearly explain why lots are a threat to brokerage companies that MT5 has banned lots for their benefit, unjustifiably restricting the freedom of action of traders?
Very simply, brokerage companies have very high server temperatures (because of the web of positions), and this doesn't increase their money. That's why they asked to "simplify" the process of clients draining.

4x-online:
Who can clearly explain why you need to understand this? Well, let's say you understand it, so what? Will this understanding help build a profitable system?
At any rate, this possibility is not a hindrance, many are convinced that locks are harmful to the trader, but this "truth" is not proven, there are TSs that assume locks in certain situations, for example, TSs that do not allow negative results despite temporary drawdowns. The relevance of cancelling locks has not yet been explained.

OnGoing:
Very simply, the DC's servers get very hot (from the web of poses), and no money is made from it. So they asked to "simplify" the process of merging clients.
Don't you think it's not just about "simplification", but about what exactly? After all, they seem to have an extra spread from this, but they turn a blind eye to it. So there are bigger fish to fry. Which one is it?

IgorM:
DTs do not threaten anything, but they threaten the normal understanding of the trading process: if you sell, you sell to someone else; if you close a sales position, you counter-buy from someone else with the same volume that you have in your sales
So what? In real life, people often buy goods that they have not yet sold. Why cannot you do the same with currency?

yosuf:
At any rate, this possibility is not hindered, many are convinced that locks are bad for the trader, but this "truth" is not proven, there are TCs that assume locks in certain situations, for example TCs that do not allow negative results despite temporary drawdowns. The relevance of cancelling locks has not yet been explained.
:)
Don't get carried away. Can you answer the question? They gave you a reason. And you've been told that the position will not change. How does this knowledge help you to grow forex profits?

yosuf:
At any rate, this possibility is not hindered, many are convinced that locks are bad for the trader, but this "truth" is not proven, there are TCs that assume locks in certain situations, for example, TCs that do not allow negative results despite temporary drawdowns. The relevance of cancelling locks has not yet been explained.

Nowhere else have I encountered the idea that two open orders at the same time do NOT need to be opened specifically to LOCK a position. Why is it hard to imagine that a TACTIC applied in an EA can simply open differently directed positions simultaneously on several sets (example here) and these positions may end up both (2,3,4, etc.) being PROFIT! And in the case of MT5 - you will NOT get this result!

"And don't be a narrow-minded PROFANATION substituted for MATHEMATICS!!!" - Yusuf, this is no longer for you.

4x-online:
:)
Don't get your head in the clouds. Can you answer the question? They gave you a reason. And you've been told that the position will not change. How does this knowledge help you to grow forex profits?
Can you show me an example: I have 10 positions of 1 lot each that were not closed by the EA after the indicator commanded to go to sell because the EA cannot close losing positions. I open 10 sell positions and they are mutually wiped out, what is this nonsense?

yosuf:
Don't you think it's not just about "simplification", but about what exactly? After all, they seem to have an extra spread from it, but they turn a blind eye to it. So there are bigger fish to fry. Which one is it?

Alas, the 'extra spread' does not cover the cost of scaling this kind of goodness. And the costs are not insignificant.

TarasBY:

Nowhere else have I encountered the idea that two open orders at the same time do NOT need to be opened specifically to LOCK a position. Why is it hard to imagine that TACTICS applied in an EA can simply open differently directed positions in several sets at the same time (example here) and these positions may end up both (2,3,4, etc.) being PROFIT! And in the case of MT5 - you will NOT get such a result!!!!

"And don't substitute narrow-minded PROFANATION with MATHEMATICS!!!" - Yusuf, this is not for you anymore.

That's what it's about! TC is not suggesting locking, he wants to work profitably and now that opportunity has been lost.

yosuf:
Can you show me an example: I have 10 positions of 1 lot each that were not closed by the EA after the indicator commanded to go to sell, because the EA is unable to close unprofitable positions. I open 10 sell positions, and what, they will be mutually destroyed, what is this nonsense?
:)))
That's it. No more questions. :)
Reason: