MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 58

faa1947:

Let's remember the primitive Fortran, which is not even worth mentioning on this site. But what rich libraries there were! Here it is argued that a tool for TC development is provided, but immediately it is necessary to specify the procedural means, and ready blocks simply do not exist. And this is on the assumption that there are other, open systems and primitive enough concerns to include them in MT5. This is not done and is not done consciously after thinking through the business idea.

It's not clear what you're talking about. The documentation includes the Standard Library, which will only grow.

Orders are fine, whatever, let it be one position... But this fuss with several EAs in one account... For MT5, it is practically impossible to implement, because it is so complicated and ultimately looks very absurd. Why not think about providing a normal feature for multiple EAs on one account? You can think of options: for example, magic prefix:) for a symbol name, or some kind of paired accounts (with common funds) but separate accounting of positions.

Andrei01:
As it turned out, the kitchens do not like MT5 and they are afraid to put it on the real account... and by this criterion you can see them well.

What interesting logic! And if you think about it in a more standard way and assume that everything that drives it is based on financial results! And any financial activity involves first of all investing before you get it. And do not forget that you need to pay a tidy sum for a new trading platform! And when will it come back with little demand for MT5???

P.S. How convenient to blame everything on "kitchens", and by the same kitchens... There must always be an enemy where the scales of interest are sharply skewed in the direction of the minority that needs to maintain this unstable (in terms of the laws of balance) system by all means... - classic!

hrenfx:

Absolutely no one is preventing the creation of MT5 (and MT4) bundles with EViews, Statistica, Matlab, etc. Requiring a trading platform to replace these packages is absurd.

I have a fundamentally different opinion.

By the way, Renat claimed to have provided the tools to create trading systems. that's exactly what I'm discussing. If metaquotes says they have a trading platform and a good one, because they have provided a procedural language, then there is no question. But that is not the case. Where do EAs, testers go then?

MT is an application programming tool, not a trading platform. Quick is a trading platform, you can't program anything without busting your navel.

faa1947:

MT is an application programming tool, not a trading platform. Quick is a trading platform, you can't program anything without tearing up your navel.

But there are exports to anywhere in QuickBooks.

Rosh:

It is not clear what you are talking about. The documentation includes a Standard Library, which will only be built up.

All the time about the same thing.

So far, I do not see any sections according to the textbook on measuring economic data (econometrics). Will there be any?

Integer:

But there are exports to anywhere in QuickBooks.

I have great respect for comedians.

Integer:
The orders are ok, I don't care about them, let it be one position... But all that stuff with several EAs in one account... It's almost impossible to do with MT5 because it's so complicated and looks very absurd in the end. Why not think about providing a normal feature for multiple EAs on one account? Variants you can think of: for example, the magic prefix:) for the name of the symbol, or some paired accounts (with shared funds) but separate accounting of positions.

This topic has already been raised a number of times. There is a tool in MT5 for trading several strategies on one instrument: Virtual Order Manager to manage orders in MetaTrader 5 terminal positions

If something doesn't quite fit there, it can be improved, finished and redone - the sources are open.

faa1947:
I have great respect for comedians.

Where is the humour here? There are exports to metastock, to omega in Quicksilver. You don't have to work hard at coding in Quicksilver, just a little bit for linking, for processing trade orders.

Reshetov:

This topic has already been raised several times. There is an MT5 tool for trading several strategies on one instrument: Virtual Order Manager for managing orders in MetaTrader 5 terminal positions

If something is not quite suitable, you can improve, modify and redesign it - the source code is open.

Yuri, don't be ridiculous.
Reason: