MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 13

OnGoing:

Mathemat and VladislavVG, you have both misunderstood Sergei's(hhohholl) main point.

I quote: "lock is two trades, m.b. from different TCs".

You understand that the lock in this case is not an end in itself, but an opportunity to manage positions of several MTS in one account?

I do, of course. But if there is no locking option and you need to trade on multiple TS, you can easily organise your own virtual position accounting: the result will not change. That's what we're talking about.

faa1947:

I want to repeat my thoughts of 3 years ago.

Most forum members are sitting on two chairs: trading system and programming. Traders have lengthened the "programming" chair to such a length that the "trading system" chair cannot be seen at all.

We are on the site of programmers selling their product. As a result, programmer's ideas develop, the correlation of which with profitable trading is unknown. Taking into account that the tool has become very complicated, I think the correlation is negative.

Traders are constantly bombarded with discussions about programming "goodies", and "where's the money Zin?"

We provide the tools for trading. And trading strategies should be developed by traders themselves.

Or are you saying that it is up to the terminal developers to write a hundred strategies?

Example.

Most of all, they carry around a tester. This is a tool for debugging (a very good tool) of the program logic and nothing more. The tester has no means for debugging the trading strategy. This sequence of "Monte Carlo" symbols is unknown to authors of MQL. The idea of generating the necessary sequence of bars for this TS is even wild.

You are delusional.

The Strategy Tester has all the tools for debugging strategies, including the full visualization of multicurrency testing. The set of debugging tools is an order of magnitude higher in MetaTrader 5 as compared to MetaTrader 4.

Monte Carlo method is just one of the numerical methods of random generation. We use similar ideas in the form of genetic algorithm in Trading Strategy Optimizer.

The idea of generating a sequence of bars should lead you directly to the article "Algorithm of tick generation in the Strategy Tester of the MetaTrader 5 terminal". This is a basic primer.

It's ridiculous to talk about the tools (components) to build TS. A set of indicators - most of them have nothing to do with the trading platform - they are from the generosity of forum participants, often amateurish programs.

It's amazing to observe people's feelings. It seems to them that everything around takes place by itself and for free, but in fact, someone manages and methodically builds everything.

Documentation, code base, tutorials, articles, championships, services and all the variety of materials have been built by someone who is absolutely unambiguous.

faa1947:
I don't get it, why? There are no such projects now. The environment for this size and level of work has been destroyed. It's not about me.

It's about your statements that show a lack of experience in creating products.

There aren't even any names left, that was the level of work.

VladislavVG:
I understand, of course. But if there is no locking option and you need to trade on multiple TS, you can easily organise your own virtual position accounting: the result will not change. That's what we're talking about.
Well, that's exactly the point: this is an unnecessary bodily effort. Then the sense in the transition is all the more unclear, if the innovations complicate the life of the user, and not vice versa.

VladislavVG:

Dealing doesn't care what kind of orders you place and what kind of orders you follow - it only has an aggregate position from you in the market....

You are not in the market at all during an order lock or, more precisely, only a netting position is in the market. And the maintenance margin is deducted from the netting position. Your locked positions only exist in your terminal. You're amused by the virtual trading )))): when you do locking it is exactly what you do - do not you understand?

SZ Mathemat had time to reply before )))))).

In a moment, yes, the existence of two differently directed positions, e.g. same volume, different trading systems = no netting position, but is it not clear that if the result of these transactions affects the tree of making further trading decisions for independent trading systems whose current transactions, once again, randomly formed a lock, then the result, in this case, on MT4 and MT5 will be different?

OnGoing: The point of the transition is then all the more incomprehensible if the innovations make life more difficult for the user, not the other way round.
what have you found more difficult to use, just to be specific?

OnGoing:

Mathemat and VladislavVG, you have both misunderstood Sergei's(hhohholl) main point.

I quote: "lock is two trades, m.b. from different TCs".

You understand that the lock is not an end in itself, but an opportunity to manage positions of multiple MTS in one account?

This is getting more and more ridiculous.

I remember how happy I was when I finished testing my library implementing netting trading on MT4. Finally, I can trade a dozen strategies at one time without paying SPread!

Especially for the clinical ones: I now have 1024 strategies trading on EVERY instrument (out of 28).

Naturally, I sum up their positions BEFORE putting them on the market. I am not a pervert...

MetaDriver:

I'm getting more and more senile.

I remember how happy I was when I finished testing my library implementing netting trading on MT4. Finally, I can trade a dozen strategies at one time without paying SPRED for it!

Especially for the clinches: I have 1024 strategies trading on every instrument (out of 28) right now.

Naturally, I sum up their positions BEFORE putting them on the market. I am not a pervert...

trade 1024 strategies => pervert :)

IgorM:
what have you found more difficult to use, just specifically?
We are not talking about me or specific projects yet. We are talking about theoretical possibilities.

MetaDriver:

I'm getting more and more senile.

I remember how happy I was when I finished testing my library which implements netting trading on MT4. Finally, I can trade a dozen strategies at one time without paying SPRED for it!

Especially for the clinches: I have 1024 strategies trading on every instrument (out of 28) right now.

I'd be with you on a roundabout way that in some cases, the trading result in MT4, cannot be replicated in MT5.

What do you call those things in front of the horses, shabbos? )

Reason: