OpenCl and the tools for it. Reviews and impressions. - page 16

joo:

Renat, are there any other code examples that use OpenCL in MQL5?

I want to code a neural network using OpenCL and post it as a test, as I did in this thread earlier. For me - the more examples the better, OpenCL & MQL5 examples.

Try it yourself based on CUDA and OpenCL SDK examples from NVIDIA/AMD/Intel.

Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to write all the examples ourselves.

Renat:

Try it yourself based on the CUDA and OpenCL SDK examples from NVIDIA/AMD/Intel.

Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to write all the examples ourselves.

Well, of course, I will try them myself - where can I go? :)

I was just thinking that perhaps there are some subtleties (nuances) in combining OpenCL and MQL5 that I don't know about.

One of the nuances is that the program to be executed on the GPU is written in solid text to a variable of string type, which is, frankly speaking, quite confusing.

Renat:

I still found a use for a complete search without genetics. However it is not complete, i.e. it is not intended for the entire range of input data of the Expert Advisor, but we only need to search the nearest vicinities around the extremum identified by optimization and only after successful forward testing in order to verify the stability of the extremum against market deviations. But the enumeration is complete for these very neighborhoods, i.e. Clouds Network will be able to apply its full power.

I have converted my Expert Advisor from mql4 to mql5 and stripped it of all its guts so that it would not slow down during optimization. I have simplified it to the minimum stump and it still successfully passes forwards after optimization with genetics. However a successful forward is not a guarantee and the extremum found should be additionally checked for infestation. This is where Clouds Network fits most adequately.

This problem cannot be solved within a reasonable time on MT4 because forward tests are not automatically run (but one can do it manually or with an external tool through the command line) and distributed computing is absent (and without genetics MT4 will take too long to calculate).

It is good that MT5 functionality is successfully used for its intended purpose. Otherwise, all this stuff looks boring.

Alright, I've gone to test all this stuff. I have no time to post. If I have any problems I will let you know.

Renat:

The problem has not been solved.

There are more questions than there were.

Let's sort it out. What do you need to send: logs, advisor and what else? Or will looking at the screenshots reveal my error again?

The grid won't move, even when genetics are switched off.

Something has to be done about it. It's not going to work like that.

???

2012.02.06 22:43:39 Tester cloud server MQL5 Cloud Europe selected for genetic computation

And I have disabled genetics.

It's a service: you've been switched to genetics - to save you money. :)

MetaDriver:
It's a service - they switch you over to genetics to save you money.

Is that so I can make enough money to upgrade my hardware?

Renat will come back and say that I am cheating on purpose and give me a couple more articles to read, where he explained everything to everyone, but no one reads and everyone maliciously opposes innovations in MT5.

I'll try to reset the terminal. What if it helps?

It didn't help.

Reshetov:

1. Probably so I'll have enough money to upgrade my hardware?

2. I'll try rebooting the terminal. See if that helps.

1. Sure! You'll want to soon. Where's the money? :)

2. No, I don't think so. I really think it's a matter of overshoot power. Try either reducing the vicinity or increasing the discreteness. So that there's a couple or three million left (not 214).

Reason: