Trader-strategists are being recruited for the asset management team of a private investment fund - page 13

Really, the money? Is that what you're interested in?

I don't think there will be a problem with that.

You'll be fine...

Svinozavr:
Really, the money? Is that what you're interested in?

I don't think there will be a problem with that.

You'll be fine...

is the question to whom?)

Andrei01:
Quotes are ordinary data. Can't data be transferred to the terminal? The same goes for trade orders.
Andrey, you seem to be mistaken. There is no way to transmit streaming quotes into the terminal. Only the minute bars can be passed to the terminal when it is running in offline mode and can load the bars from history files. Then you can add new bars to these files, which can be drawn from quotes from another source, for example from hotspot, using dll or a separate exe application. You can of course develop your own terminal and server part and a bridge to connect to a third-party server. But this process is not as fast as it seems. It is easier and faster to license an already reliable and well established MT server and connect the bridge.

To Ruslion

>>my costs only operating site for brokerage is about 20000 euros with monitoring, but a passive income from commissions))

And for the MT server licence will be paid not by you but by others who are involved in the project? I am just curious.

elritmo:
Andrew, you seem to be mistaken. There is no way to transmit streaming quotes to the terminal. You can only transfer the minute bars by running the terminal in offline mode when it can download the bars from history files and you can add new bars to these files, which can be built based on quotes from another source, for example from hotspot, using dll or a separate exe application. You can of course develop your own terminal and server part and a bridge to connect to a third-party server. But this process is not as fast as it seems. It's easier and faster to license an already reliable and well-established MT server and connect the bridge.

Alexey, you seem to confuse different things - the transfer of historical bars and the transfer of quotes, which is normal data. The terminal will of course work offline since the quotes do not come from the trading stream. In fact the terminal is used as a translator of MQL code. Of course, under the given conditions access to bars will not be possible and we will need to form equivalent arrays of bars. It is probably easier than rewriting the entire EA code in another development environment. This solution is suitable only for single accounts and traders, but still gives the opportunity to trade directly without unnecessary middleware at minimal cost. Of course, licensing is preferable when it comes to managing multiple accounts and brokers.

Andrei01:

Alexey, you seem to confuse different things - the transmission of historical bars and quotes, which is conventional data. The terminal will of course work offline since the quotes do not come from the trading stream. In fact the terminal is used as a translator of MQL code. Of course, under the given conditions access to bars will not be possible and we will need to form equivalent arrays of bars. It is probably easier than rewriting the entire EA code in another development environment. This solution is suitable only for single accounts and traders, but still gives the possibility of direct trading without unnecessary middleware at minimal cost. Of course, licensing is preferable when it comes to managing multiple accounts and brokers.

Suppose we have an EA written in MQL4 with three basic functions init start deinit. How will these functions be called at every tick of quotes that don't come from the MT server?

It seems to me that there is no way. And then if it were possible some brokerage companies would have made their trade server working with MT terminal. Do you think it would be allowed in MQ?

I, on the other hand, see it simpler. If there are scalpers written in MQL4 they may be easily ported to another language e.g. C++ and connect to liquidity provider's server using FIX-protocol or API for that protocol.

elritmo:

Suppose we have an EA written in MQL4 with three basic functions init start deinit. How will these functions be called at every tick of quotes that don't come from the MT server?

it seems to me that they won't.

init and deinit are automatically called once and not for every tick, and you can search for startup - it's already been discussed many times.

elritmo:

I think it's simpler than that. If there are scalpers written in MQL4, they can be easily ported to another language, for example C++, and connect to the liquidity provider's server using FIX protocol or API for this protocol, as you said.

How much easier can it be if you have to rewrite everything when you can do without it?

Andrei01:
The init and deinit are called automatically once and not on every tick, and about start of start search - it's already discussed a lot.

It's interesting. I'll search for how start is invoked internally. I must be somewhat out of touch :)

I don't know, MQL4 is very similar to C++ and I don't see any problems to transfer Expert Advisor's logic to this language or to Java, for example. It is much more difficult to develop a bridge and communication with the server, which in turn will bridge to ECN server (or may be without this intermediate bridge depending on tasks). In addition, all predefined variables of type Point Ask Bid in Expert Advisor will not be initialized in this case, so it must be replaced with functions called from dll. The same as for service functions like MarketInfo, AccountFreeMargin and the like, they will not work without connecting to the MT server. That's why I think it would be easier to rewrite our EA in C.

elritmo:

I don't know, MQL4 is very similar to C++ and I don't see any problems to transfer the Expert Advisor's logic to this language or to Java, for example. It is much more difficult to develop a bridge and communication with the server, which in turn will bridge to ECN server (or may be without this intermediate bridge depending on tasks). In addition, all predefined variables of type Point Ask Bid in Expert Advisor will not be initialized in this case, so it must be replaced with functions called from dll. The same as for service functions like MarketInfo, AccountFreeMargin and the like, they will not work without connecting to the MT server. That's why I think it would be easier to rewrite our EA in C.

Maybe it's not a problem for you to constantly rewrite your code into other languages and you have enough free time to do that, but it doesn't mean that everyone should follow your example. Duplicating a few predefined variables doesn't take as much time as rewriting the whole EA, unless those variables take up the majority of the code. :)
Reason: