[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 714

YOUNGA:
When do you stop out?

It comes right away on a pullback that is bigger than the one you set in the settings...

If you set a bigger pullback... ...the profits will drip less... but the drawdowns will be stronger...

jelizavettka:

It occurs immediately on a rollback that is greater than the one set in the settings...

If you set a bigger rollback... then the profits will drip less... but the drawdowns will be harder for the system...

Stopout - forced closing of positions by the brokerage company, if equity falls below the allowable threshold. It is expressed in %.

OnGoing:
I find Avalanche very irrational. It devours margins catastrophically (and also grows losses), and all for the sake of a paltry profit. In fact, it risks the entire deposit just to break-even (to win back the losses).
That's what I meant with avalanche, it has differently directed orders in a series and in spite of that the margin runs out quite fast.

joo:
Stopout - forced closing of positions by the office, if equity falls below the permissible threshold. It is expressed in %.

I know.... That's why the rollback and volumes are calculated based on the level (I have it from a margin call)

khorosh:
That's what I meant by avalanche, it has differently directed orders in a series and despite that the margin runs out quite quickly.
I see. Maybe the point is that Avalanche requires a larger lot multiplier, otherwise it takes a long time to come out of a drawdown.

OnGoing:
I see. Probably the point is that Avalanche needs a bigger lot multiplier, otherwise it takes a long time to come out of a drawdown.
Exactly right, lot has to be increased a lot. The averaging may work without increasing a lot, but Avalanche without increasing a lot is not an Avalanche, it is a symmetrical lot.

Fuck, you're running in a vicious circle, aren't you? You will never find the parameters in the tester or by hand, at which your avalanche fuckers will live. No historical volatility will help you. No indicators will show you anything. Increasing the lot is not a system with a positive expectation, it's self-defeating. You can't be so, sorry, stupid for so long.

4x-online:
Fuck, you're running in a vicious circle, aren't you? You will never find the parameters in the tester or by hand, at which your avalanche fuckers will live. No historical volatility will help you. No indicators will show you anything. Increasing the lot is not a system with a positive expectation, it's self-defeating. You can't be so, sorry, stupid for so long.
You do not like only the increase in lot or averaging, too? In general, list all that you do not like as in the song by Vysotsky "I do not like").

khorosh:
Do you dislike only the increase in the lot or the averaging as well? In general, list all the things you don't like, like Vysotsky's song "I don't like it").
How is averaging fundamentally different from increasing the lot?

how a tractor is different from a train :D

Reason: