[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 7: September 2011) - page 91

The main question now is, to what level are we going? Yesterday or today there was information in the terminal that the banks have lowered their forecasts for the euro/dollar for a month and for 3 months. Some even had 1,25 in a month.

I think the eurik goes to 1.3446 and then sharply upwards

SEVER11:
I don't know what happened in the world

It happened a long time ago...back when the euro was rising...
I just think they worked on the monthly figure for joy - W
Watch the euro news - the EU is caving in little by little
the strong are dragging the weak...and puffing...discontent is growing
Britain - London - pogroms )))) and lv is already paying unemployed
just so they do not lament )))and they do not give a shit )))) tin......etc...etc.
The U.S. - after World War II they started lending
dollars...after they got everybody hooked on petrodollars -
and it's still going on...and they will continue to print
bills - and the whole world will eat them up...
It's against this backdrop that the dollar is preferable...
(not really getting into the FA) all imho of course...

where did the figure come from?

SEVER11:
I like predictions (my weakness), but you can't argue with facts :0)). Now while I have time I will go and study the news.
I noticed that your first third of the forecast horizon usually works out well... try retraining the model more often... maybe the sharpness will improve...

If you look at the monthly chart, the outlook for the Euro is not so rosy and all the wildest predictions about 1.2 might easily come true by the end of the year, and if you look at the monthly chart, there is a chance of new lows by the spring. Again, if something does not change globally

kamihadze:
If you look at the monthly chart, the outlook for the Euro is not so rosy and all the wildest predictions about 1.2 might easily come true by the end of the year, and if you look at the monthly chart, there is a chance of new lows by the spring. Again, if something does not change globally
yes, i've been waiting for a long time ... still nothing happens ))))
Globally, that's how it looks like ...

good luck and profits to all ...

s_aullma:
Greece is carrying out further reforms and deficit reduction measures, which seems to be good for the euro.
This is a "and we are doing very well" kind of slogan. In fact, in early August a Troika audit came to Greece and found a violation of earlier agreements to reduce the budget deficit - Greece overspent in seven and a half months more than the limit for all of 2011 (their parliament voted on this in mid-summer, approving specific figures, but already in August things went wrong). The German finance minister said: "Since Greece has not fulfilled its obligations, there will be no new money from our side." Again a stalemate that must be resolved somehow. The solution was as follows: Greece would sign a new package of additional conditions that would mean that it could receive a new injection of money. Greece has agreed. Among these conditions is an increase in value added tax from 13% to 23% (they have already increased it - the whole of Greece is on strike). They have also introduced a new, predatory property tax, which the Greeks themselves comment on as follows: "We already have nothing to lose, but they want to take that away from us too." Also on the list of new conditions is the Greek government's pledge to lay off 100,000 people from the public sector. If this only happens then there will be no civil war. If it doesn't, then Greece won't get the money or will be forced to sign up to new, even more impossible conditions. Greek opposition, whose main slogan is to overthrow the incumbent government, is sharply gaining strength. And so on...

FxRoller:
Regarding cuts in the public sector I will say the following. According to Handelsblatt the programme is a compulsory leave of absence for 30,000 civil servants with 60% of their salary for 12 months. After that, a special commission will have to decide who will actually be laid off and who will not. So in terms of social tension it is not as dramatic as you write. Besides, in the summer, when the cost-cutting programme was adopted, things were much more serious. There were more people and it was summer. One could spend the night in front of the government building, yelling and screaming. Greece is no Russia, of course, but for them even -5 Celsius would be an excuse to stay at home and not go anywhere. The Troika representatives are planning to come back to Athens this week or next week to negotiate the next tranche. The German finance minister's words to the rescue fund before the Bundestag vote today were "Even if not all members of the government coalition vote FOR, we will live with it and accept the decision." What was said about Greece defaulting is said for the domestic public as discontent among Germans is rising and the government's rating is plummeting. He is well aware that there is no alternative to bailing out Greece. A default would cost Germany more, plus there is a high probability that it would trigger a worsening of the situation with Spain, Portugal and not least Italy. I am not claiming that all is well in Europe, but at least not worse than in the US.

rensbit:
I think the eurik goes to 1.3446 and then sharply upwards
very possible.... life (terminal)) will show...
Reason: