Is any prediction doomed? - page 27

FAGOTT:

what about the forecasting?
where?

FAGOTT:
Yeah. (chuckles) That's what I thought. TA. And Soros, that idiot piece of shit, was doing FA - what an idiot! He should have had faith + favourite indicators = mega-super-trillions. The main thing is that indicators should be beloved. And the love was mutual.

Soros was involved in different things. I remember Svyazinvest. He only lost a yard. For a fundamentalist, that's nothing.

FAGOTT:

Where did it say 50/50? Where did you get that from?
50/50 is what they show.

HideYourRichess:
where?

I see.

Go ahead and delete your entry altogether - it's nonsense. It's been clear from the start.

When you open a position based on any indicator signal, you are already predicting the price movement.

It's okay - who hasn't written a ***hole? Don't worry.

FAGOTT:

I get it.

Go ahead and delete your entry altogether - it's nonsense. It's been clear from the start.

When you open a position based on any indicator signal, you are already predicting the price movement.

It's OK - who hasn't written a ***hole? Don't worry.

Good luck to you too!

TheXpert:
Calm down, then reread the thread again with a cool head, thoughtfully.

How???? Again?!?!

How much longer can we go on? I've read it both ways and let my friends read it....

Well, you've finally come and are about to explain to us all how to trade without predicting the price!

FAGOTT:

How???? Again?!?!

How much longer can we go on? I've read it both ways and let my friends read it....

Well, finally you have come and now you will explain to us all how to trade without predicting the price!

You have already been told that there is no need for price forecasting in arbitrage.

paukas:

Soros has done all sorts of things. I remember Svyazinvest. All he lost was a yard. For a fundamentalist, that's nothing.

Soros is not a fundamentalist in the way fundamentalists are usually thought of. If you read it carefully, you can see that he (his literary character) does not just plough through some fundamentals as required by the methods, he analyzes the market. He is trying to understand what is happening there and when the moment appears when he can get something from the market. It is clear that when he makes a mistake in the analysis, he attributes the properties of the English market to the Russian one, for example - the epic fiasco. But here at least it is clear where the error is and what has to be corrected. It's not a damn thing for indicators to tweak the settings.

paukas:
You have already been told that price forecasting is not necessary in arbitrage.

How is it not necessary? You do.

Which type of arbitrage does not require price forecasting?

FAGOTT:

How is it not necessary? It is.

In which type of arbitrage is it not necessary to predict the price?

With spatial.
Reason: